Startup

AOL comes up when I start up my computer. Anyone know how I stop it????
3 answers Last reply
More about startup

    Go to Start, Run, type in msconfig. Click on the Startup
    tab and uncheck the entries that point to AOL.
    Reboot and a screen will pop up which you will just need
    to check the box and close.

    On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 13:22:15 -0500, Ernie wrote:

    > AOL comes up when I start up my computer. Anyone know how I stop it????

    Depends on how or why it is starting. Something to check: If there is an
    AOL icon in the notification tray (by the clock), right click and select
    AutoStart Options. Then mark off the choice not to use AutoStart. Once that
    setting change is done, check the Startup folder in the start menu for an
    aoltray.exe shortcut. Move or delete the shortcut from this location.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "Abel Diaz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Go to Start, Run, type in msconfig. Click on the Startup
    > tab and uncheck the entries that point to AOL.
    > Reboot and a screen will pop up which you will just need
    > to check the box and close.

    The only way to get rid of AOL is to buy a new hard disk and install all
    your programs again EXCEPT AOL. Then take the old hard disk and throw it in
    the sea.

AOL Microsoft Computers Windows XP