Well I find myself getting out of computers. Im thinking about selling my PC rig that I built 3 months or so ago.
Heres the specs My Gaming Rig
- Intel Core 2 Duo E6400
- DFI Infinity 975X/G
- 650W Antec Trupower PSU
- HIS X1650 GPU (550Core/1510Mem)
- 1GB Patriot Memory (4-5-4-4-12)(not sure)
- Antec 900 Extreme Gaming case
- Creative Audigy SE
- 150mm Blue Side Fan
- 250GB SATAII Maxtor HD
So How much would you pay for a barely used PC just like this?
Unfortunately, I see two problems with your system:
1. The GPU is rather weak, so a serious gamer looking to buy a PC would most likely need to spend money on a better GPU as well.
2. Most people now recommend 2GB of RAM because of Windows Vista and the fact that games do benefit from having the extra 1GB of RAM. If you only have 1 stick of 1GB RAM, then you are okay. But if you have 2 sticks of 512MB RAM, then the cheapest way to boost that to 2GB is to drop another 2 sticks of 512MB RAM. In my opinion, most people will be reluctant to fill up all 4 memory banks because that slows down RAM timings. I doubt people will notice a difference unless they use benchmarking tools though.
When you do decide to auction it off, do not mention that you overclock your PC. That can scare away some people because they don't know if you pushed your CPU too far. People who knows a thing or two about motherboards will recognize that DFI mobos are good at overclocking. Therefore, you don't need to mention the word "overclocking".
I would peg your system at about $650 from a gamer's point of view because of the need to replace the GPU.