Intel demos 8 core gamer machine. Laughs at AMDs QFX

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Which version of windows do yo use for a 8 core system

Pro.

sweet system

Crap system, sucks up more power the an oc'ed through the roof P4 on crack, way to expensive because it uses registered ECC FB-DIMMs. Its just a proof of concept, you would be much better off with a C2D setup. 8 cores is absolutely worthless for games right now.

ninjaquick

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Umm the article is mostly in favor of the QUAD FX.. You're like ten, right? Why dont you go out and play in the sandbox while we adults debate hardware.

Laughs at AMDs QFX

What a dumb statement to make!

Probably as dumb as Intel laughing at AMD, I don't think Intel is stupid enough to be laughing at AMD just yet, since they've finally got the speed crown back.

History shows the crown being passed back and forth between the two, and this same dumb statement has been made before from previous idiots!

If history repeats itself as is well know in this little technology race, AMD will come back with a vengence, and Intel will not be laughing, but anyone thats been around for a while, already knows this!

Have a nice day!

kamel5547

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
Uh... this ahs been standard practice for years. Take a look at HP's workstation line, dual Xeons in a desktop, registered memory, etc.... nothing new here.

NMDante

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2002
It's not meant to be a consumer system.

It's more a "slap in the face" at AMD. Kind of like when AMD handed out their "Dual-Cores for Dummies" pamphlet at one of Intel's conferences.

I doubt Intel will offer this setup for mass sales, although they did say that it was available, if someone wanted to order one.

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
legit use is for enthusiasts - gamers do not need 8 cores - for people who run prime 95 twice a week!

Laughs at AMDs QFX

What a dumb statement to make!

Probably as dumb as Intel laughing at AMD, I don't think Intel is stupid enough to be laughing at AMD just yet, since they've finally got the speed crown back.

History shows the crown being passed back and forth between the two, and this same dumb statement has been made before from previous idiots!

If history repeats itself as is well know in this little technology race, AMD will come back with a vengence, and Intel will not be laughing, but anyone thats been around for a while, already knows this!

Have a nice day!

i really do not know the history but i thought that amd only had 1 brief passing moment while net-burst leakage emerged and c2d was available? i do like amd chips, they just don't multitask.

fx-55 for $250 new is nice!

ninjaquick

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
actually, im pretty sure that back in the day, intels 8088 was so buggy that when amds cpu came out, none of the software supported it, cuz the amd ran better and didnt have the bugs.. i dont recall if i was infact the 8088, or maybe the p1 but that is the very first case of amd being better. AMD, untill recently, has always had the price/performance crown. It never really was any faster than the fastest intel, it was simply just as fast for less.

ninjaquick

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2006
Well, do recall i said until recently. im talking before either company broke the 2ghz barrier. Im talking bout the day where AMDs were essentially intel with a lower price tag. Cant fight with ya bout ur post tho, you usually (if not always) know what ur talking bout.