We are having a problem which started right after I installed the latest
Windows Updates.

We cannot save a Word document on a floppy disk after two or three saves.
In other words, it will save two or three times and then lock up completely
so that I have to cold reboot. I am not sure whether this is a software or
hardware problem but thought I would try everything. If anyone has a similar
problem and has fixed it, please let me know how you did it.

Thanks!

Do not save Word (or Excel) files directly to a floppy.
Save to the HD and copy (and v/v - copy from the floppy to the HD and open from there).
Word creates temp files and uses the floppy to write to. You may get away with it for
awhile but sooner or later...

Been there, done that.
--
Regards;
Rob
"sbklcpa" <sbklcpa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are having a problem which started right after I installed the latest
> Windows Updates.
>
> We cannot save a Word document on a floppy disk after two or three saves.
> In other words, it will save two or three times and then lock up completely
> so that I have to cold reboot. I am not sure whether this is a software or
> hardware problem but thought I would try everything. If anyone has a similar
> problem and has fixed it, please let me know how you did it.
>
> Thanks!

This may help
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891861#XSLTH41711211231201211201207

If that URL arrives broken, use this one
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;891861
and then click on
"You cannot save files from Microsoft Office programs directly to a floppy
disk" under "On This Page".

--
Gary L. Smith gls432@yahoo.com
Columbus, Ohio