Really annoying XFX 7600GT problem!

Swordfish125

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Hi, hope some ppl can help!

Here is the ticket I made for the XFX support desk:

[Matt Walker - 2007/01/09] The monitor that is connected to the GFX card is constanly being made to auto adjust. The monitor appears to be fine and does not do this on my older ATi card. There is a period were the auto adjust problem occurs more frequently, usually just after start up when the monitor is adjusting every second or less. It is then itermittent. After around 1 hour it will decrease in occurrance. The Monitor is a n AG neove 417 connected using a DVI/VGA adapter. I have tires another adapter no luck. I have tried drivers from XFX (supplied and DL) and also drivers form nvidia website, all to no avail. Have alos updated my bios and Motherboard drivers, agin with no luck! Hope you can help!

Hoping someone might thave some ideas!

Cheers

Fish

DukeDave

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
While it is possible that it is a faulty video card, the only other thing I can think of that might cause a similar problem is if the contact pins are bent/damaged in the plug on the monitor cable.

Not all video cards use the same pins for the same outputs so it is a possibility even though it works with the other card.

Swordfish125

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Im beginning to think this myself, gaving fiddled around with monitor cable and making sure it has a smoother route it seems to help.
Although the pins on the monitor cable appear fine.

The fact it dont happen all the time makes me think the GFX card is ok, otherwise it would happen constantly.

Just testing at the moment, might try another monitor if it does again.

I also turned off NV keystone correction, could this ahve been a problem? I really dont know what it does.

Cheers

Fish

XFXSupport

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2006
That is an unusual problem. Please PM me the support ticket number. Also try installing any updated monitor drivers, a shot in the dark but cant hurt to try.

XFX Support