Hi all,

KOTOR is strictly singleplayer right? So I won't have trouble with the
CD-key if I buy it on eBay?

TIA

Devast8or

Exactly - there is one of those wonderful Bioware keys, but the only real
use for it is getting a KotOR owner descriptor on the Bioware forums.

Mike

Michael Anderson wrote:
> Exactly - there is one of those wonderful Bioware keys, but the only
> real use for it is getting a KotOR owner descriptor on the Bioware
> forums.
>
> Mike

Ok, great. Just wanted to make sure before getting a used copy :)

Thanks for the info.

Devast8or

Devast8or wrote:
> KOTOR is strictly singleplayer right?

Right.

> So I won't have trouble with the
> CD-key if I buy it on eBay?

KotOR does not have nor require a CD key. To register the game, you use
the UPC code (found both on the box and in the manual). I bought mine
off eBay, works great.
--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first

> Ok, great. Just wanted to make sure before getting a used copy :)

But then you won't be able to post in the official forum. (Some KOTOR forums
require the owner status to post in)
No big deal, I guess.

Barry Scott Will <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote in

> KotOR does not have nor require a CD key. To register the game, you use
> the UPC code (found both on the box and in the manual). I bought mine
> off eBay, works great.

- if you haven't got Daemon Tools, CloneCD or similar installed - then it
refuses to run, because the blokes at Bioware probably thunk that if you
have these tools, then you probably pirated their game. No matter if you
have the original CD in the drive. :-(((

I have these programs running to keep my original games in mint
condition, and KOTOR can't run on my system, even though I've paid 450
danish Kroner (around 45 UK£ or 75 US$) for it. So it sits on the shelf,
and I'll think more than twice before ever buying games from
Bioware/Lucasarts again. :-(((((

--
Arcana Dragon -==(UDIC)==-
d++e++N++T+++Om-KAWML!34567'!S'!8!9!u+uC+uF+++uG-u

Arcana Dragon wrote:
> - if you haven't got Daemon Tools, CloneCD or similar installed - then it
> refuses to run, because the blokes at Bioware probably thunk that if you
> have these tools, then you probably pirated their game. No matter if you
> have the original CD in the drive. :-(((

First, Bioware has no say in the use of copy-protection schemes. That is
solely the choice of the publisher (LucasArts for KotOR, Atari for NWN).
Second, there are no-CD cracks available and they work quite well.
Third, I have gotten KotOR to run using an image made with the latest
version of Alcohol 120% and emulated with Alcohol 120%.

Unfortunately, updating my video card has caused some wierd malfunction
where the emulation works the first time I run the game after booting
the PC, but won't work on successive tries. So I've gone back to the
no-CD, which, as I said, works just fine.

--
Barry Scott Will
Pyric RPG Publications
http://www.pyric.com/

If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first

Barry Scott Will <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> looked up from reading
the entrails of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the
signs say:

>Arcana Dragon wrote:
>> - if you haven't got Daemon Tools, CloneCD or similar installed - then it
>> refuses to run, because the blokes at Bioware probably thunk that if you
>> have these tools, then you probably pirated their game. No matter if you
>> have the original CD in the drive. :-(((
>

>First, Bioware has no say in the use of copy-protection schemes. That is
>solely the choice of the publisher (LucasArts for KotOR, Atari for NWN).
>Second, there are no-CD cracks available and they work quite well.
>Third, I have gotten KotOR to run using an image made with the latest
>version of Alcohol 120% and emulated with Alcohol 120%.
>
>Unfortunately, updating my video card has caused some wierd malfunction
>where the emulation works the first time I run the game after booting
>the PC, but won't work on successive tries. So I've gone back to the
>no-CD, which, as I said, works just fine.

Don't you just love it when publishers _encourage_ piracy like this?
</sarcasm>

Xocyll