Mike

Splendid

I have a customer with several computers. This particular one he has been
away from for about six months and has forgotten his password. We booted into
safe mode and tried the administrator password I originally put in back when
the OS was loaded but it has changed. Is there a way to get around this
without reloading 2000? He has important info he really would like to save.

> I have a customer with several computers. This particular one he has been
> away from for about six months and has forgotten his password. We booted
into
> safe mode and tried the administrator password I originally put in back
when
> the OS was loaded but it has changed. Is there a way to get around this
> without reloading 2000? He has important info he really would like to
save.

There is a contradiction in your post. If the info was important
then your customer would have backed it up. If he chose not to
back it up for six months then it can't be important. Let him think
about that one, then wave your magic wand with a boot disk from
http://home.eunet.no/~pnordahl/ntpasswd/bootdisk.html.