Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

Blue screen error - Page fault in NON PAGED area

Tags:
  • Blue Screen
  • Microsoft
  • Computers
  • Windows XP
January 30, 2005 5:40:56 PM

I inadvertently installed some SP2 updates and my computer began running
VERY slowly.

I've been removing these SP2 updates but the last one I removed left me with
a problem. I get an error (blue screen). The file that appears to be the
culprit is MRXSMB.sys.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Stu

More about : blue screen error page fault paged area

Anonymous
January 31, 2005 9:27:08 PM

"stuart wohl" <sbw@starband.net> wrote:

>I inadvertently installed some SP2 updates and my computer began running
>VERY slowly.
>
>I've been removing these SP2 updates but the last one I removed left me with
>a problem. I get an error (blue screen). The file that appears to be the
>culprit is MRXSMB.sys.

Tell us more about the error message. How does it read exactly?
MRXSMB.sys is one of the Services for Windows.

--
(tm)