DCOM error

On my windows2003 server running Exchange 2003, every 15 minutes, the
following error is posted in event viewer:

"The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
{BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This
security permission can be modified using the Component Services
administrative tool."

I've traced to netman in DCOM, using the APPLICATION ID, and tried
modifying permissions, but haven't been able to resolve this problem.
Has anyone come across this and found a solution?

Thank you,
Emin
HJACenter

Look at dcomcnfg (Start | Run | dcomcnfg | OK) for that CLSID or netman.
You can set the permissions correctly in there.

--
George Hester
_________________________________
"Emin Parsu" <ep@hja.org> wrote in message
> On my windows2003 server running Exchange 2003, every 15 minutes, the
> following error is posted in event viewer:
>
> "The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation
> permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
> {BA126AD1-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E}
> to the user NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE SID (S-1-5-20). This
> security permission can be modified using the Component Services
> administrative tool."
>
> I've traced to netman in DCOM, using the APPLICATION ID, and tried
> modifying permissions, but haven't been able to resolve this problem.
> Has anyone come across this and found a solution?
>
> Thank you,
> Emin
> HJACenter

TRENDING THREADS