back and restore local windows 2000 users

I am moving users from one web server over to another - both are in the
same workgroup but not in a domain. Is there a way to copy the users
and passwords?

Any information appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott Emick
Programmer
Fox International
1 answer Last reply
More about back restore local windows 2000 users

    Well I can tell you what NOT to do....I tried to save the SAM file from
    the one server and then load it onto another (using NTFS4DOS) -that is
    a NO NO...doing this causes you to lose Network configuration, drive
    configuration, and other devices cannot start up. In short the server
    was hosed. Luckily I creaded ERD disk and backed up the 5 registry
    hives. I had to restore from c:\winnt\repair\regback and copy each
    file to c:\winnt\system32\config.

    Still looking for a way, but for now I am manually copying the users

Windows 2000 Microsoft Web Server Windows