What's is the max. RAM can be handled by Windows 2000 Prof..

Dear All,

What's is the max. RAM can be handled by Windows 2000 Prof SP4? .. I have a
PC with 4GB of RAM, is it possible? ..

Regards
Winanjaya
2 answers Last reply
More about what handled windows 2000 prof

    Yes, Windows 2000 Professional can support 4GB of RAM.

    "Winanjaya" <Winanjaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Dear All,
    >
    > What's is the max. RAM can be handled by Windows 2000 Prof SP4? .. I have
    > PC with 4GB of RAM, is it possible? ..
    >
    > Regards
    > Winanjaya

    On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 03:24:02 -0700, Winanjaya
    <Winanjaya@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Dear All,
    >
    >What's is the max. RAM can be handled by Windows 2000 Prof SP4? .. I have a
    >PC with 4GB of RAM, is it possible? ..
    >
    >Regards
    >Winanjaya

    I recommend that you when given some spare time try to run memtest86 - I had
    some trouble with 1 GB in another motherboard. The fault did not show for a very
    long time and then a large failed download was tried on another computer and it
    worked fine with just 512 MB. I tried to take away 1 card on this computer and
    it worked.

    I have since changed to an Intel motherboard and that handles the 1 GB rejected
    by the old motherboard. :-)

    Borge

RAM Microsoft Windows 2000 Windows