Sign in with
Your question

xfx 7600 gt xxx trouble

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 9, 2007 7:25:13 PM

I've started a support ticket on the xfx web site and its been 3 days and I have not heard back yet. I have a problem with one of my 7600 gt cards... I know that when I first put both of the cards in everything worked fine.... now its been a month and one of the cards is causing me problems...... when running in sli mode or just it alone everything works great until I play a game.... or run 3dmark.... then everything goes downhill from there. I have a 600 watt power supplie with 20 amps on one 12 volt rail and 18 on the other along with an amd 4000+ cpu, an asus a8n32 sli board and 2 gb of musking 400 mhz ddr memory. as far as temps go i've never seen the graphics cards over about 65. So if anyone has Ideas as to what is causing my computer to freeze plz hit me up with suggestions.
Thanks Josh

More about : xfx 7600 xxx trouble

January 9, 2007 8:06:32 PM

well the XXX version of the 7600 is a factory overclocked card. Some one else posted with similar problems.

To me it sounds like a faulty overclock. Download an overclocking utility and try underclocking bot cards, testing one at a time, to see if there is any difference.

Worst case talk to XFXsupport here in the forums to see if he can speed up your support process.
January 9, 2007 8:35:44 PM

Quote:
well the XXX version of the 7600 is a factory overclocked card. Some one else posted with similar problems.

To me it sounds like a faulty overclock. Download an overclocking utility and try underclocking bot cards, testing one at a time, to see if there is any difference.

As lostandwandering said, downclock both cards to standard speed, the easiest way to do this is to enable Coolbits in 1A mode and it should automatically set the cards to the speed of the slowest one. If this fixes the problem it would certainly appear to be a faulty overclocked card.

Another thing you could try is to swap the cards around in the slots, just to make sure.
Related resources
January 9, 2007 9:01:38 PM

well I've tried underclocking the card and I still get the same problems.... but I have not tried moving the card to the other pci-e slot. So thats what I'm going to do now.... and I hope its not my mb....but i would not suprise me seems how one of the sata ports had a problem with solder being on 2 pins causing my drive not to work........... thanks for the quick reply and I'll let you know how it turns out
January 9, 2007 9:20:45 PM

ok so i switched pci-e slots and now when I boot my screen flashes and then the computer freezes up and i have to restart it.........so I'm thinking its the card
January 9, 2007 9:25:10 PM

That does sound like it may be so, looks like it may be time to further investigate that support ticket.
January 9, 2007 9:33:24 PM

yeah.... I hope it dont take them too much longer to get back with me on that....
January 10, 2007 3:10:14 PM

I teamed with the support staff to ensure you get your issue resolved. Let me know how it goes.

XFX Support
!