help to stop bebugger

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
August 28, 2005 3:34:14 PM

Hi all,

I am running Win 2K sp4 and every time I have a program halt and want to
close it thru the task manager I get the message 'program cannot be closed.
it is being debugged. resume or close debugger.' the only way for me to get
out of this situation is to reboot - nothing else will get past it.

how can I find and permanently close this debugger ???

thanks to all for saving my sanity...

rob

More about : stop bebugger

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 9:14:30 PM

promicro fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;188296

--
Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 2:27:21 PM

That is a misleading message. Really has nothing to do with a debugger.
Normally this happens when a program is trying to close it cannot and you
try to force it close during this. That message comes up. I would look in
the Task Manager for an application that is not responding or one that is
taking an inordinate amount of CPU%. That is where your issue lies.

--
George Hester

!