help to stop bebugger

Hi all,

I am running Win 2K sp4 and every time I have a program halt and want to
close it thru the task manager I get the message 'program cannot be closed.
it is being debugged. resume or close debugger.' the only way for me to get
out of this situation is to reboot - nothing else will get past it.

how can I find and permanently close this debugger ???

thanks to all for saving my sanity...

rob
2 answers Last reply
More about help stop bebugger

    promicro fumbled, fiddled and fingered:

    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en-us/regentry/11498.asp

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;188296

    --
    Steve Parry BA (Hons) MCP MVP

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    http://www.gwynfryn.co.uk

    That is a misleading message. Really has nothing to do with a debugger.
    Normally this happens when a program is trying to close it cannot and you
    try to force it close during this. That message comes up. I would look in
    the Task Manager for an application that is not responding or one that is
    taking an inordinate amount of CPU%. That is where your issue lies.

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "promicro" <promicro@cshore.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I am running Win 2K sp4 and every time I have a program halt and want to
    > close it thru the task manager I get the message 'program cannot be
    closed.
    > it is being debugged. resume or close debugger.' the only way for me to
    get
    > out of this situation is to reboot - nothing else will get past it.
    >
    > how can I find and permanently close this debugger ???
    >
    > thanks to all for saving my sanity...
    >
    > rob

Debugger Task Manager Microsoft Windows