Double shortcut icons on Desktop

I recently installed some telephony software (Callserve) and since then my
shortcut icons on the Desktop are all screwed up and many disappeared during
the installation of that software. Now, any new shortcut that I add ends up
with two identical icons on the Desktop each working correctly (at least it
seems so).

Everything else seems okay.

Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

Run regedt32.exe and have a look at the Reg_Expand_Sz string values of

"Desktop"
found in
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
(should be) %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
and

"Common Desktop"
found in
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
(should be) %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop

Sound like they're pointing to the same place.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Dimitri Moursellas" wrote:
|I recently installed some telephony software (Callserve) and since then my
| shortcut icons on the Desktop are all screwed up and many disappeared
during
| the installation of that software. Now, any new shortcut that I add ends
up
| with two identical icons on the Desktop each working correctly (at least
it
| seems so).
|
| Everything else seems okay.
|
| Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

THANKS A LOT... that fixed the problem!!

"Dave Patrick" <DSPatrick@nOsPAM.gmail.com> wrote in message
> Run regedt32.exe and have a look at the Reg_Expand_Sz string values of
>
> "Desktop"
> found in
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
> (should be) %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
> and
>
> "Common Desktop"
> found in
> HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
> (should be) %ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Desktop
>
> Sound like they're pointing to the same place.
>

> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Dimitri Moursellas" wrote:
> |I recently installed some telephony software (Callserve) and since then
my
> | shortcut icons on the Desktop are all screwed up and many disappeared
> during
> | the installation of that software. Now, any new shortcut that I add ends
> up
> | with two identical icons on the Desktop each working correctly (at least
> it
> | seems so).
> |
> | Everything else seems okay.
> |
> | Any ideas on how to correct this problem?

You're welcome.