ODBC Time out error for more users only

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.inetserver.iis,microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windows.server.scripting (More info?)

Hello,
I have to migrate a running we application of
ASP3, SQL Server 2000 and on WIN2000 server.
Which is running on a Local Network.

The application migrated successfully to a new dedicated server.
And runs smoothly.

But I have a problem when more than 5 to 8 clients are connected to use this
new Pages. then An ODBC Time OUT message is displayed and all other users are
hangged. and an error message of page cnnot be displayed....

Althogh the old server was running smoothly, with no such problems.

Please advice.

--
MCSD not .Net yet :(
1 answer Last reply

    What are the platforms that you migrated FROM and TO ?

    As an example -- sometimes, an application has timing problems with
    concurrent users, but the older hardware was slower and thus avoided the
    timing problem more frequently, while faster hardware would run into the
    problem more often. Clearly, the issue is that the application has timing
    problems -- not that the newer hardware was too fast or that the newer
    platform has something wrong -- but on the surface, it would appear exactly
    like your situation. So, the platform is not always the problem; frequently,
    the application contributes to the problem.

    Thus, debugging is important to determine exactly what is going on. If the
    application runs on IIS, I suggest using tools like IIS State (
    http://www.iisfaq.com/default.aspx?view=P197 ) or DebugDiag to produce a
    logfile when you have timeout errors.

    --
    //David
    IIS
    "Thanker" <Thanker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    Hello,
    I have to migrate a running we application of
    ASP3, SQL Server 2000 and on WIN2000 server.
    Which is running on a Local Network.

    The application migrated successfully to a new dedicated server.
    And runs smoothly.

    But I have a problem when more than 5 to 8 clients are connected to use this
    new Pages. then An ODBC Time OUT message is displayed and all other users
    are
    hangged. and an error message of page cnnot be displayed....

    Althogh the old server was running smoothly, with no such problems.

    Please advice.

    --
    MCSD not .Net yet :(

Microsoft Windows