XP Pro and 98se Same Time?

When I loaded up XP Pro on my system.., it also set up a 2 GB partition for
my 98se system, which at setup let's me pick which system I want to boot up.
Should I leave it be, or can I delete the 98se program and partition without
having to reinstall the XP Pro system

You cannot remove the 2GB partition without third party software, such as
Partition Magic. If you try it with XP's Disk Manager you will lose the XP
installation too.

If you have just installed XP and have done little with it so far, I would
reinstall XP. Boot with the XP cd and delete all partitions. Create a new
partition, format NTFS, and install.

If you have more than 256mb of ram, and a Win98 retail cd, you can still run
Win98 by using Virtual PC 2004 to run a Win98 virtual computer on your XP
desktop. No reboots required and no partitioning. You can drag and drop
files between them and share folders. See:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtualpc/default.mspx. It's great for
running old programs that don't like XP.

"81mm" <res0n8e5@verizon.net> wrote in message
> When I loaded up XP Pro on my system.., it also set up a 2 GB partition
> for my 98se system, which at setup let's me pick which system I want to
> boot up. Should I leave it be, or can I delete the 98se program and
> partition without having to reinstall the XP Pro system

Okay, and thanks. I guess I'll just leave it alone as I still have 18gb out
of a 20gb HD, and the 98se doesn't get in the way of anything or slow the
machine down.., and if I'm working in XP Pro on the E: drive under Windows
Explorer I can still drag and drop files from the C: drive where Win 98se
resides..., thanks again..!!!