Champion of Torm question

Geo

Hello all,

I have a paladin (7)/ CoT (9). Last night, when I levelled up, I chose
Weapon Proficiency Exotic, since few other choices looked interesting
and that Nameless bastard sword looked good. My surprise came when I
next levelled and noticed that CoT wasn't open to me anymore. I
promptly rolled my save game back and chose something else, but I was
disappointed. Can anyone tell me whether this was because CoT can't
pick Exotic as a feat, or... ?

thanks,
geo

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:47:20 GMT, geo <geologist_345not@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have a paladin (7)/ CoT (9). Last night, when I levelled up, I chose
>Weapon Proficiency Exotic, since few other choices looked interesting
>and that Nameless bastard sword looked good. My surprise came when I
>next levelled and noticed that CoT wasn't open to me anymore. I
>promptly rolled my save game back and chose something else, but I was
>disappointed. Can anyone tell me whether this was because CoT can't
>pick Exotic as a feat, or... ?
>
>thanks,
>geo

If I understand you correctly, your paladin (7)/CoT(10) couldn't take another
level in CoT to become paladin(7)/CoT(11).

This has nothing to do with which feat you chose. A prestige class cannot be
advanced to level 11 until the character's total character level is at least
20.

In other words when you character is paladin(10)/CoT(10), you will once again
be able to advance in CoT levels.

Michael

geo wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a paladin (7)/ CoT (9). Last night, when I levelled up, I chose
> Weapon Proficiency Exotic, since few other choices looked interesting
> and that Nameless bastard sword looked good. My surprise came when I
> next levelled and noticed that CoT wasn't open to me anymore.

Next leveled? I'm not entirely sure I understand--was the character who
couldn't take another Champion of Torm level a paladin (7)/Champion of
Torm (9), or a paladin (7)/Champion of Torm (10)?

Geo

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 21:36:01 -0500, Michael Herin <michael@herin.org>
took up virtual pen and wrote:

>On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 23:47:20 GMT, geo <geologist_345not@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello all,
>>
>>I have a paladin (7)/ CoT (9). Last night, when I levelled up, I chose
>>Weapon Proficiency Exotic, since few other choices looked interesting
>>and that Nameless bastard sword looked good. My surprise came when I
>>next levelled and noticed that CoT wasn't open to me anymore. I
>>promptly rolled my save game back and chose something else, but I was
>>disappointed. Can anyone tell me whether this was because CoT can't
>>pick Exotic as a feat, or... ?
>>
>>thanks,
>>geo
>

>If I understand you correctly, your paladin (7)/CoT(10) couldn't take another
>level in CoT to become paladin(7)/CoT(11).
>
>This has nothing to do with which feat you chose. A prestige class cannot be
>advanced to level 11 until the character's total character level is at least
>20.
>
>In other words when you character is paladin(10)/CoT(10), you will once again
>be able to advance in CoT levels.
>

>Michael

Yes, I realized that last night after I again advanced her to level
and she still could not take another level of CoT. I then opened the
manual and found the passage where it states that you can't take more
than 10 until your other levels reach 20. I appreciate the reply. Im
somewhat new to NWN and am greatly enjoying it, but I should likely
read the manual!

geo