*PING* kelly or doug - screen savers no longer accessible ..

January 31, 2005 1:38:54 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

no matter what screen saver i right click on, the normal screen savers
functions that are accessible through the right click context menu are
not showing up at all: test, install, configure, and they are also not
showing up in my file types either for (*.SCR) screen saver. is there a
registry fix that i can apply ?

--
Woodzy

http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
http://g.webring.com/hub?ring=videogamemessage ( video game message
boards )
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 3:53:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?)

Hi Woodzy,

Although I am neither kelly nor doug <g>, doug has the registry fix (SCR
File Association Fix) available for d/load at his site:
http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User

"(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
> no matter what screen saver i right click on, the normal screen savers
> functions that are accessible through the right click context menu are
> not showing up at all: test, install, configure, and they are also not
> showing up in my file types either for (*.SCR) screen saver. is there a
> registry fix that i can apply ?
>

> --
> Woodzy
>
> http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> http://g.webring.com/hub?ring=videogamemessage ( video game message
> boards )

January 31, 2005 4:14:07 PM

Patti MacLeod wrote:
> Hi Woodzy,
>
> Although I am neither kelly nor doug <g>, doug has the registry fix (SCR
> File Association Fix) available for d/load at his site:
> http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
>

> Regards,
>
> --
> Patti MacLeod
> Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
>
> "(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
>
>>no matter what screen saver i right click on, the normal screen savers
>>functions that are accessible through the right click context menu are
>>not showing up at all: test, install, configure, and they are also not
>>showing up in my file types either for (*.SCR) screen saver. is there a
>>registry fix that i can apply ?
>>

>>--
>>Woodzy
>>
>>http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
>>http://g.webring.com/hub?ring=videogamemessage ( video game message
>>boards )

COOL! thanks a bunch patti! i thought he or Kelli had but I couldn't
find it. again, thanks!
Anonymous
January 31, 2005 7:09:06 PM

> Patti MacLeod wrote:
> > Hi Woodzy,
> >
> > Although I am neither kelly nor doug <g>, doug has the registry fix (SCR
> > File Association Fix) available for d/load at his site:
> > http://dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm
> >

> > Regards,
> >
> > --
> > Patti MacLeod
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User
> >
> > "(ProteanThread)" <rtdos@rtdos.com> wrote in message
> >
> >>no matter what screen saver i right click on, the normal screen savers
> >>functions that are accessible through the right click context menu are
> >>not showing up at all: test, install, configure, and they are also not
> >>showing up in my file types either for (*.SCR) screen saver. is there a
> >>registry fix that i can apply ?
> >>

> >>--
> >>Woodzy
> >>
> >>http://www.rtdos.com (alt OS for games based on the classics)
> >>http://g.webring.com/hub?ring=videogamemessage ( video game message
> >>boards )
> >>

> COOL! thanks a bunch patti! i thought he or Kelli had but I couldn't
> find it. again, thanks!

You're quite welcome! :-)

Regards,

--