Craig

I am trying to add a "Scheduled Task" to defragment the hard drive of my
computer; however, Windows 2000 does not have Defrag.exe as I would expected
to see. The program "dfrg.msc" takes its place and will open the
defragmenter, but not run automatically. How do I accomplish this task?

Royce

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2004

Unlike Win XP, Win2k does not come with a command line utility for defrag.
try a 3rd party utility - http://www.sysinternals.com/Utilities/Contig.html