WIRELESS CARD ON WINDOWS 7

flycap93

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
I know the requirmets are for windows 7. i have a laptop with 512mb of ram and windows 7 works just fine. i have a WPC54G V3 linksys wireless card. i install the driver and it says in device manager "not enough resorces for this device." and it also says "if you want to use this device u will have to disable other devices." i've heard that resorces are ram (memory) but is there a way i can get this card to work at ALL!!

THANKS

Andy2008

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2008
Somewhere in the BIOS there's a setting for "Plug'n'play-aware OS"; you'll want that set to "Yes" so that Windows can assign the IRQs for the cards - it could be that some IRQs need to be changed. It's unlikely to be RAM that's the insufficient resource.

If that doesn't work, you could reset the BIOS to its default (or "safe") settings.

Also, try not bothering to install the drivers - the card may work with Windows 7 anyway.

will_chellam

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2007
or try disabling some of the crap in the BIOS like a parallel port, modem, irda, serial ports if you dont need them - that'll sort out some IRQ's for you...

on a sidenote, gosh i remember writing config files in DOS to ensure all my IRQ's and DMA's were assigned to be non-confliciting so my games wouldnt crash when they tried to play MIDI sounds - I had a SB AWE32, horrible bastard had two IRQ's all to itself (7 and 11 if i remeber!)