Widescreen question.. in games like WOW do you gain view...

vultureyo

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2006
just curious if you gaing viewing area or does it jus crop/stretch it. hope that makes sense.. juse wonderin cause if so thats kewl and uhhh advantage 8)

Statross

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
i'd say it clearly stretches coz no one will code game parts that get cropped out in 4:3

also most people set "black bars" on their monitor to keep 4:3 games in 4:3 on the moonitro

cyph0r

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
just curious if you gaing viewing area or does it jus crop/stretch it. hope that makes sense.. juse wonderin cause if so thats kewl and uhhh advantage 8)

i went from a 21 crt non wide to the dell 30 wide and I cant tell you 100% confident that the view is gained not streched

cyph0r

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006

i went from a 21 crt non wide to the dell 30 wide and I cant tell you 100% confident that the view is gained not streched

I am Verifying the WoW Gainage

Statross

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2006
owh...lol...i didnt think he meant world of warcraft (dont play it) thought he meant like "wow factor" haha! i re read the title, and that would make sense if he wasnt asking a question:/

but whatever...

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
it depends on the game, Like Warcraft III Is Stretched like CRAZY. its annoying. Does anyone know about Counter strike source? I just got CSS and a 20.1" LCD. It looks good (not stretched, but im not sure if I have gained wider vision.

edit: or does anyone know of any way to fix Warcraft so that it runs at, at least a decent ration

Featherstone

Distinguished
Jul 5, 2005
oh man, that would be awesome, I have been trying to figure out how, or if this option even exists in the Catalyst control center, so far no luck. Does anyone else know? I am just trying to get it to display black bars in warcraft so that the picture isnt so stretched. Thanks