Widescreen question.. in games like WOW do you gain view...

just curious if you gaing viewing area or does it jus crop/stretch it. hope that makes sense.. juse wonderin cause if so thats kewl and uhhh advantage 8)
8 answers Last reply
More about widescreen question games gain view
  1. i'd say it clearly stretches coz no one will code game parts that get cropped out in 4:3

also most people set "black bars" on their monitor to keep 4:3 games in 4:3 on the moonitro
  2. Quote:
    just curious if you gaing viewing area or does it jus crop/stretch it. hope that makes sense.. juse wonderin cause if so thats kewl and uhhh advantage 8)

i went from a 21 crt non wide to the dell 30 wide and I cant tell you 100% confident that the view is gained not streched
  3. Quote:

i went from a 21 crt non wide to the dell 30 wide and I cant tell you 100% confident that the view is gained not streched

I am Verifying the WoW Gainage
  4. owh...lol...i didnt think he meant world of warcraft (dont play it) thought he meant like "wow factor" haha! i re read the title, and that would make sense if he wasnt asking a question:/

but whatever...
  5. it depends on the game, Like Warcraft III Is Stretched like CRAZY. its annoying. Does anyone know about Counter strike source? I just got CSS and a 20.1" LCD. It looks good (not stretched, but im not sure if I have gained wider vision.

edit: or does anyone know of any way to fix Warcraft so that it runs at, at least a decent ration
  6. i dunno about ati catalyst, but in the nvidia control panel, you cant set weather you want blackbars, gpu controlled stretching, or monitor controlled stretching
  7. oh man, that would be awesome, I have been trying to figure out how, or if this option even exists in the Catalyst control center, so far no luck. Does anyone else know? I am just trying to get it to display black bars in warcraft so that the picture isnt so stretched. Thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

World Of Warcraft Games Components