Win2k problem with large partition

I ahve two hard disks on my pc.
On primary i have two partition, on one of them was installed winxp.
On other is only information like on other hard disk.

I have problems with xp so i install win 2k. My second hard disk is
160GB and on him is only one partition. So after i install win2k with
service pack 4 the partition on him is gone. What i have to do to bring
it back? Probably there is update for this problem but i haven`t find
any. My win 2k if fully updated.
HElp
3 answers Last reply
More about win2k problem large partition

    I would recommend going to the Maxtor website (assuming this is a Maxtor 160
    here, if not, ignore this post) and download the Maxblast software large
    block support software for W2K.

    -Frank

    On 30 Aug 2005 14:52:30 -0700, "Mad" <madmto@gmail.com> wrote:

    >I ahve two hard disks on my pc.
    >On primary i have two partition, on one of them was installed winxp.
    >On other is only information like on other hard disk.
    >
    >I have problems with xp so i install win 2k. My second hard disk is
    >160GB and on him is only one partition. So after i install win2k with
    >service pack 4 the partition on him is gone. What i have to do to bring
    >it back? Probably there is update for this problem but i haven`t find
    >any. My win 2k if fully updated.

    In order for Windows 2000 to properly access large (>137GB) disks, two
    conditions must be met: (1) apply SP3 or SP4, and (2) EnableBigLBA = 1
    in the registry (see
    <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;305098> for
    how to do it).

    Then run Disk Management and check the disk capacity that is shown on
    the left side of the lower right panel where it says Disk 0 or Disk 1,
    etc. If the capacity is correct (about 149GB for a 160GB disk), then
    Windows 2000 will properly access the drive.

    If you allowed Windows 2000 to CHKDSK and repair the file system
    before the operating system is configured to properly access large
    drives, the file system will be messed up, but it should not cause the
    partition to disappear.

    > HElp

    Have you checked Drive Manager to make sure the disk has been allocated
    Drive letters?

    --
    George Hester
    _________________________________
    "Mad" <madmto@gmail.com> wrote in message
    > I ahve two hard disks on my pc.
    > On primary i have two partition, on one of them was installed winxp.
    > On other is only information like on other hard disk.
    >
    > I have problems with xp so i install win 2k. My second hard disk is
    > 160GB and on him is only one partition. So after i install win2k with
    > service pack 4 the partition on him is gone. What i have to do to bring
    > it back? Probably there is update for this problem but i haven`t find
    > any. My win 2k if fully updated.
    > HElp

Partition Hard Drives Windows