PC Boots but shuts off before opening Windows ???

lorthus

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
I just built my system and I turned it on it seemed to be working fine but before It open MS Windows it shuts off and retarts again and the samething happens over and over again regardless if I try Safe Mode etc...
This is the config
450w PSU FSP Saga
ECS P965 (never again)
2GB GSkill
Core 2 Duo 6300
500GB Western Digital
ATI Radeon X1900XT

Im thinking it might have something to do with the settings of the ram or something like that, not that I have altered anything but... I can see for a split second before windows crashes that a blue screen with an error would of popped up...
I installed windows using a different computer because my DVD readed wasnt working properly...
Did this ever happened to any1 ?

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
what do you mean you used another pc to install do you mean using another computer with your HDD? if so thats not good, as windows uses standard drivers but are brand, hardware id dependant so windows will be loading the drivers present at the time of install not at the time of startup, as it has not had a chance to detect\install.

Does that sound right for your hardware?

croc

Distinguished
BANNED
Sep 14, 2005
Fix your DVD problem (or borrow your friend's) and re-do the install. If you borrow your friend's, BTW, you'll have to uninstall and re-install the drivers, so I'd recommend that you patiently get your DVD working just to avoid future issues.

TRENDING THREADS