can't delete folder help please

Unknow folders, not created by user, with wierd names and characters have
appeared on my OS. I cannot delete or modify them and inspite the fact that I
have admin rights, i have access denied. It could be a virus? I wish to get
to get rid of it for good. Can anyone please help? How can I remove it
without the need to format the drive?

thanks

Ted
1 answer Last reply
More about delete folder please

    Boot OS in Safe Mode and try again

    "Ted Wilson" <TedWilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Unknow folders, not created by user, with wierd names and characters have
    > appeared on my OS. I cannot delete or modify them and inspite the fact
    that I
    > have admin rights, i have access denied. It could be a virus? I wish to
    get
    > to get rid of it for good. Can anyone please help? How can I remove it
    > without the need to format the drive?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Ted

Microsoft Windows