Perflib event id 1008

Hi, my windows 2000 Aplication Event Eiewer is displaying this error many
times, and I can't understand what's causing it. Below is the error
description, in portuguese, and below an atempt of english translation :)

O procedimento de abertura para o serviço "ISAPISearch" na DLL
"C:\WINNT\system32\query.dll" falhou. Os dados de desempenho para este
serviço não irão estar disponíveis. O código de erro devolvido são os dados
DWORD 0.

Something like:
"The openning procedure for the "ISAPISearch" service
"c:\winnt\system32\query.dll" DLL as failed. The performance data for this
service will not be available. The error code returned are the data DWORD 0"

It's the best I can do right now.
Althou I supose this is not a critical error, it fill up my Application
Event Viewer list witch is rather annoing... what can I do to stop this from
appering, ou to correct the problem?????

Thx

Do you need the counters? Try running;
WINMGMT /CLEARADAP

Or if that doesn't work, then you can run exctrlst.exe (Extensible Counter
Listing Tool) from the resource kit and disable the counters if you don't
need or use them. They're for use with Performance Monitor

http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/tools/existing/exctrlst-o.asp

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Márcio Santos" wrote:
| Hi, my windows 2000 Aplication Event Eiewer is displaying this error many
| times, and I can't understand what's causing it. Below is the error
| description, in portuguese, and below an atempt of english translation :)
|

| O procedimento de abertura para o serviço "ISAPISearch" na DLL
| "C:\WINNT\system32\query.dll" falhou. Os dados de desempenho para este
| serviço não irão estar disponíveis. O código de erro devolvido são os
dados
| DWORD 0.
|
| Something like:
| "The openning procedure for the "ISAPISearch" service
| "c:\winnt\system32\query.dll" DLL as failed. The performance data for this
| service will not be available. The error code returned are the data DWORD
0"

| It's the best I can do right now.
| Althou I supose this is not a critical error, it fill up my Application
| Event Viewer list witch is rather annoing... what can I do to stop this
from
| appering, ou to correct the problem?????
|
| Thx

I really don't know if I need this counter?? What's it for??

Thx

"Márcio Santos" wrote:
|I really don't know if I need this counter?? What's it for??
|
| Thx

Hehe, I've realised that. But what does it monitors/counts ????

Thx

"Dave Patrick" wrote:

> They're for use with Performance Monitor
>
> --
> Regards,

> Microsoft Certified Professional
> Microsoft MVP [Windows]
> http://www.microsoft.com/protect
>
> "Márcio Santos" wrote:
> |I really don't know if I need this counter?? What's it for??
> |
> | Thx

It's a performance monitor object. One of many you can search for.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/wcedebug5/html/wce50howHowtoUseRemotePerformanceMonitortoObservePerformance.asp