wizard vs. sorcerer

i'm sure this is something that is often talked about, but i'm wondering
what a lot of people think of it...the draw of a sorcerer is obvious,
with not having to memorize spells and having more to cast...is it a big
deal that they can only learn a few spells at a time? how are spells
learned, on level up only?

i'm still trying to figure out if *any* type of magic user is a good
idea while playing NWN alone...
22 answers Last reply
More about wizard sorcerer

    "John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > i'm sure this is something that is often talked about, but i'm wondering
    > what a lot of people think of it...the draw of a sorcerer is obvious,
    > with not having to memorize spells and having more to cast...is it a big
    > deal that they can only learn a few spells at a time? how are spells
    > learned, on level up only?
    >
    > i'm still trying to figure out if *any* type of magic user is a good
    > idea while playing NWN alone...

    Cleric and Druids are good as are anyothers

    Insane Ranter wrote:

    > Cleric and Druids are good as are anyothers

    I could be making it more of a problem than it is. I know for Morrowind,
    for example, playing a spellcaster wasn't a problem at all. The only
    thing that has me worried about D&D rules is the having to rest and
    memorize spells, and not being able to cast a lot at first.

    John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >i'm sure this is something that is often talked about, but i'm wondering
    >what a lot of people think of it...the draw of a sorcerer is obvious,
    >with not having to memorize spells and having more to cast...is it a big
    >deal that they can only learn a few spells at a time? how are spells
    >learned, on level up only?

    Exactly.
    It's a trade off of sheer number of known spells for more flexibility in
    casting.

    A Wizard with 3 level 1 spell slots chooses which 3 spells he will
    memorize of however many spells he knows, every time he rests.
    A Sorcerer will know fewer spells (and can only change which ones he
    knows at level up) but can choose at casting time which spells he wants
    to cast.

    So for instance with level 2 spells, the Wizard has to choose at rest
    time if he wants to memorize a couple identify spells in case of loot,
    or memorize melf's acid arrow for fighting with.
    The Sorcerer uses whichever he wants at the time.

    The big difference is, when they both first get level 2 spells, the
    wizard gets a bunch, but he can only memorize one at a time.
    The Sorcerer only gets one.

    The Wizard with 3 memorized fireballs is out of luck when he runs into a
    fire immune critter.
    The sorcerer just casts lightning instead, since he just has a number of
    spell slots per level, not pre memorized spells.

    I prefer Sorcerers myself, mostly because the whole Wizard memorization
    thing makes no sense.

    >i'm still trying to figure out if *any* type of magic user is a good
    >idea while playing NWN alone...

    Do you mean completely alone as in no henchmen, or just alone as in no
    other players?

    I went through all the original campaign with a Sorcerer.
    I took a Pixie familiar which dealt with all the traps and locks, and
    Delenn Red Tiger - the half-orc barbarin to beat on things and generally
    act as a meat shield.

    There were a couple of nasty fights, but all in all the Sorcerer was up
    to everything he ran into - including killing all the dragons.

    Xocyll
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<40948026$0$3025$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
    > i'm sure this is something that is often talked about, but i'm wondering
    > what a lot of people think of it...the draw of a sorcerer is obvious,
    > with not having to memorize spells and having more to cast...is it a big
    > deal that they can only learn a few spells at a time? how are spells
    > learned, on level up only?

    Sorcerers and bards have a short list of spells that they improve only
    on leveling up, while wizards get to improve their list via found or
    purchased spell scrolls. Clerics, druids, rangers and paladins get
    access to their entire spell list for their level at all times. Thus,
    sorcerers and bards are in a way the -least- flexible casters.

    On the other hand, they are also the -most- flexible, in that they can
    pick any spells on their lists, and cast one spell 4 times in a row or
    4 different spells or any other combination, up to their limit of
    spells cast per rest period. Wizards and the various divine casters
    have to pick exactly which combination of spells they will have
    available for the rest period, and are stuck with that.

    Clerics have a special exception, in that they can ditch any
    memorized spell and substitute that spell level's healing spell...
    which is good because in many situations 90% of what you'll cast are
    heals, this way you can memorize flexibility while being prepared for
    the healer grind .

    At any rate, thats just background that you already more or less knew.
    Answer to your question is... it depends. NWN solo play is an odd
    offshoot of regular D&D; while the "rest" mechanism means one thing in
    a tabletop or even a group computer game, it can mean quite another in
    solo play. If you can "rest" at any time, then your spell list is a
    concern only over the run of one battle. And if you save and reload
    when things turn out poorly, you can change your loadout to fit the
    battle you are about to fight... sometimes I think of failed battles
    when I'm playing this way as premonitions, or as resulting from the
    divination spells that have been left out of NWN.

    This means a wizard or divine caster isn't really less flexible than a
    sorcerer; since you can memorize those 4 magic missiles for fight A,
    and 4 sleeps for fight B, and so on. It also means you don't have to
    memorize "non emergency" spells while wandering around; if you need
    Identify at some point, you wait till you can rest next, memorize it
    then, cast it, then rest again and memorize something useful in that
    slot.

    BUT many modules use more restrictive rest rules, which limit this
    sort of behavior; the module I'm currently playing, Birthright,
    requires 3 "game hours" to pass between rests (about 15 minutes of
    real time, more or less), and in many areas has a high chance of
    wandering monsters interrupting any attempt to rest. This
    dramatically reduces the ability to flexibly memorize a tuned list of
    spells for a situation... in fact I'm finding it so difficult in some
    places that running a pure caster of any sort would seem impossible,
    as I'd be out of spells and wandering around as a very weak fighter
    for hours at a time. My current character is a monk/druid, and just
    did Orchold where I think I was able to rest twice in over 3 hours of
    real time play.

    > i'm still trying to figure out if *any* type of magic user is a good
    > idea while playing NWN alone...

    There are several definitions of "alone" here; I assume you mean
    "without other player characters", but you -might- mean with no
    henchman and no familiar, summoned monsters, animal companions, animal
    empathy helpers, or dominated monsters.

    The "Without Other Player Characters" mode is the only way I've played
    the game thus far, due to my wacky unpredictable play times and
    durations, hooking up with other people just hasn't been practical.
    I've happily played just about every class, and quite a few multiclass
    combinations; casters are certainly different than melee types, but I
    wouldn't say they are harder, except where rest is very hard to come
    by. Melee types benefit from rest too, but can compensate by
    purchasing large stores of healing potions and kits... to do the same
    a wizard would have to invest in lots of scrolls or magic wands, and
    thats a great deal more expensive.

    The other meaning of "alone" would be another story; most casters rely
    on having someone or something to engage the bad guys in combat while
    they do their work at a distance; the game is filled with
    possibilities; summon something, use your familiar, hire a henchman,
    charm something (admittedly this last can be very temporary and if
    charm breaks early, result in even more things beating on you at one
    time...) Casters, and particularly sorcerers and wizards, tend to make
    very poor melee characters, with low BAB and poor armor choices (its
    -possible- to wear full plate if you take the right Feat, but you
    won't be casting much while wearing it)

    If you rely heavily on familiars and summoned creatures, you'll
    discover the principle weakness of the caster classes; the level of
    these creatures is based on the number of levels you have in that
    class, not your combined level. This means multiclassing weakens your
    "cover" abilities; if you are in a module where reliable and powerful
    henchmen are available this isn't such a concern, but a 4 cleric/4
    sorcerer will have summoned creature II and a level 4 familiar trying
    to face off against opponents where an 8 sorcerer will have summoned
    creature IV and a level 8 familiar... the split class guy has helpers
    that serve as little better than a speed bumps on the monster's way to
    him, while the straight sorcerer has ones that can handle most battles
    without any help at all, allowing him to practice his Quarrelling or
    play Mah Jong while waiting for some bodies to loot.

    Oh, and something else most casters find useful, particularly at low
    levels; a ranged weapon; usually a crossbow, but perhaps a sling or
    (for elves) longbow... here's something that will let you do damage
    without exposing yourself to your enemy's swords, and without using up
    those few spells per rest you have, for the cost of 1 gold for 99
    shots. At higher levels you may find you have so much casting to do,
    and that the arrows are doing so little, that you discard this tool,
    but at very low levels where you may only have 5 or 6 spells to your
    name, it can be a huge advantage.

    Lance
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Xocyll wrote:

    >>i'm still trying to figure out if *any* type of magic user is a good
    >>idea while playing NWN alone...
    >

    > Do you mean completely alone as in no henchmen, or just alone as in no
    > other players?

    I just mean playing without other PCs. I suppose I'll need a henchman
    for fighting or thieving skills.

    Did you find that you had to rest a lot with a sorcerer?
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Lance wrote:

    > Sorcerers and bards have a short list of spells that they improve only
    > on leveling up, while wizards get to improve their list via found or
    > purchased spell scrolls. Clerics, druids, rangers and paladins get
    > access to their entire spell list for their level at all times. Thus,
    > sorcerers and bards are in a way the -least- flexible casters.

    So a sorcerer can choose any spells from a given level when he levels
    up? I know he may only be able to know three or four per level, but he
    can choose any of them?

    It's very tempting to play a wizard since you can learn every spell, but
    sometimes I find myself using the same ones over and over anyway, so I
    would if I shouldn't try a sorcerer. It's just that I always play a
    wizard, so I'm stuck in that mindset.

    Also, by "alone" I meant no other PCs. A henchman and definitely a
    familiar will be there with me. Are familiars good at fighting? I'm
    thinking of my familiar in BG2, the fairy dragon, and while I haven't
    used him in a battle, he doesn't seem very strong. Maybe I'm wrong about
    that.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<409532f5$0$3060$61fed72c@news.rcn.com>...
    > Lance wrote:
    >

    > > Sorcerers and bards have a short list of spells that they improve only
    > > on leveling up, while wizards get to improve their list via found or
    > > purchased spell scrolls. Clerics, druids, rangers and paladins get
    > > access to their entire spell list for their level at all times. Thus,
    > > sorcerers and bards are in a way the -least- flexible casters.
    >
    > So a sorcerer can choose any spells from a given level when he levels
    > up? I know he may only be able to know three or four per level, but he
    > can choose any of them?

    Yep, the number he can know is based on his level and charisma, and he
    has access to change the list only when leveling in that class... but
    more than just picking new ones, he can actually UNLEARN some and
    substitute others. This last is very important given your limited
    list size, if for example you rely on Summon Creature I... when you
    hit 4th level and finally get 2nd level spells, you will likely want
    to ditch SCI in favor of some more useful level 1 spell, since that
    weak little critter will be replaced with a Summon Creature II spell.

    If you are multiclassing, you'll likely have to ditch the whole line
    of SC spells since you'll be level 10 (5/5) and still summoning that
    SC II critter who now hasn't got the hit points or BAB to be more than
    a speed bump.

    > It's very tempting to play a wizard since you can learn every spell, but
    > sometimes I find myself using the same ones over and over anyway, so I
    > would if I shouldn't try a sorcerer. It's just that I always play a
    > wizard, so I'm stuck in that mindset.

    The differences between the two classes aren't really all -that-
    large, and the "how they do spells" thing isn't the biggest of them
    really, its more a matter of flavor than anything else. Whats most
    interesting is that sorcerers get their spells based on charisma,
    while wizards get theirs based on intelligence. Skills that benefit
    from charisma, like persuade, are much better in the hands of your
    average sorcerer, while ones that benefit from intelligence are much
    better in the hands of your average wizard. Wizards have another
    small benefit on their side though: for -all- classes, there's a bonus
    to skill points each level from your intelligence; a wizard's primary
    stat also means he's swimming in skills relative to most classes (save
    for rogues, who get a pretty heft class bonus)

    > Also, by "alone" I meant no other PCs. A henchman and definitely a
    > familiar will be there with me. Are familiars good at fighting? I'm
    > thinking of my familiar in BG2, the fairy dragon, and while I haven't
    > used him in a battle, he doesn't seem very strong. Maybe I'm wrong about
    > that.

    Depends on the familiar (some types are decent in combat, and some
    like the pixie are -not- but give other benefits like lockpicking
    skills) and on whether you are single class or multiclassing. If you
    are a level 20 character with only 4 levels of wizard, then your
    familiar isn't much of a much its true. But a level 14 wizard will
    have a pretty decent familiar. Heck, I'm playing a 3 monk/3 druid/1
    rogue at the moment and even now my hawk familiar makes a big
    difference in most fights; his AC of 20 is high enough to keep him
    from getting hit too much by most things I fight, and he's capable of
    dealing about 1/3rd as much damage as I do in melee.

    The reason henchmen make better "tanks" though is that they level as
    your character levels (so none of this "well I'm only a 3 wizard"
    thing) and that you can gear them up; familiars and companions and
    summoned creatures can only be buffed up via spells, not by handing
    them better equipment.

    Lance
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    On Sun, 02 May 2004 13:42:10 -0400, John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com>
    wrote:

    >Lance wrote:
    >
    >> Sorcerers and bards have a short list of spells that they improve only
    >> on leveling up, while wizards get to improve their list via found or
    >> purchased spell scrolls. Clerics, druids, rangers and paladins get
    >> access to their entire spell list for their level at all times. Thus,
    >> sorcerers and bards are in a way the -least- flexible casters.
    >
    >So a sorcerer can choose any spells from a given level when he levels
    >up? I know he may only be able to know three or four per level, but he
    >can choose any of them?
    >
    >It's very tempting to play a wizard since you can learn every spell, but
    >sometimes I find myself using the same ones over and over anyway, so I
    >would if I shouldn't try a sorcerer. It's just that I always play a
    >wizard, so I'm stuck in that mindset.
    >
    >Also, by "alone" I meant no other PCs. A henchman and definitely a
    >familiar will be there with me. Are familiars good at fighting? I'm
    >thinking of my familiar in BG2, the fairy dragon, and while I haven't
    >used him in a battle, he doesn't seem very strong. Maybe I'm wrong about
    >that.

    Wizards generally develop a "normal" spell list, but the versatility inherent in
    knowing every spell and being able to use any spell after a short memorization
    is simply too good to pass up in my mind.

    Familiars are OK at fighting. Some are better than others.
    Imps and Mephits do OK but not spectacularly.
    The panther does pretty good but isn't much of a tank; it does better in a Sneak
    Attack role.
    My favorite is the hell hound, especially if you buff him up a bit.

    eudas
    Inside of every silver lining, there's a big, dark cloud.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Xocyll wrote:

    > It was never annoying though, especially at the higher levels when you
    > can fire off a lot of spells before you run out.

    Will a wizard reach a high enough level (around 9 or 10, I guess) early
    enough in the game to have a lot of spells to cast?
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Insane Ranter wrote:

    > Lets see, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Sorercer, do we want to include
    > Ranger and Paladin as well?

    I'm sure he's talking about pure spellcasters (wizards and sorcerers),
    but then again I've noticed that you often misinterpret, whether
    intentionally or not, what people say.
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > Insane Ranter wrote:
    >

    > > Cleric and Druids are good as are anyothers
    >
    > I could be making it more of a problem than it is. I know for Morrowind,
    > for example, playing a spellcaster wasn't a problem at all. The only
    > thing that has me worried about D&D rules is the having to rest and
    > memorize spells, and not being able to cast a lot at first.

    I don't know about that ... I found I liked some battle-ability in that type
    of game (also Gothic II). In the heat of battle you can run out of mana in
    those types of games, and then start popping potions (or eating stuff). In
    NWN you can always use Wands or Rods, and should have a good Staff at your
    disposal as well.

    NWN I almost never 'hit' anyone ... >99% spells.

    Mike
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > Insane Ranter wrote:
    >
    > > Lets see, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Sorercer, do we want to include
    > > Ranger and Paladin as well?
    >
    > I'm sure he's talking about pure spellcasters (wizards and sorcerers),
    > but then again I've noticed that you often misinterpret, whether
    > intentionally or not, what people say.

    Then he should say all not most spellcasters then. If you aren't including
    druids and clerics.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Insane Ranter" <whoo@hooo.me> looked up from reading the entrails of

    >"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >> Insane Ranter wrote:
    >>
    >> > Lets see, Bard, Cleric, Druid, Wizard, Sorercer, do we want to include
    >> > Ranger and Paladin as well?
    >>
    >> I'm sure he's talking about pure spellcasters (wizards and sorcerers),
    >> but then again I've noticed that you often misinterpret, whether
    >> intentionally or not, what people say.
    >
    >Then he should say all not most spellcasters then. If you aren't including
    >druids and clerics.

    Druids and Clerics don't "cast" spells, they channel the power of their
    deity. Pray for effect, get effect granted by deity unless they've been
    bad, since they aren't the one "casting" the spell, they don't have the
    same armor restrictions actual casters do.

    Notice that Wizards and Sorcerers do not lose spells when their
    alignment changes, Druids, Clerics, Paladins do, because their deity
    isn't picking up when they call.

    Xocyll
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Xocyll" <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in message
    > "Insane Ranter" <whoo@hooo.me> looked up from reading the entrails of
    > the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
    >

    > >"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    > >> I'm sure he's talking about pure spellcasters (wizards and sorcerers),
    > >> but then again I've noticed that you often misinterpret, whether
    > >> intentionally or not, what people say.
    > >
    > >Then he should say all not most spellcasters then. If you aren't
    including
    > >druids and clerics.
    >
    > Druids and Clerics don't "cast" spells, they channel the power of their
    > deity. Pray for effect, get effect granted by deity unless they've been
    > bad, since they aren't the one "casting" the spell, they don't have the
    > same armor restrictions actual casters do.
    >
    > Notice that Wizards and Sorcerers do not lose spells when their
    > alignment changes, Druids, Clerics, Paladins do, because their deity
    > isn't picking up when they call.

    Alrighty whatever you say chief
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> looked up from reading the
    say:

    >Xocyll wrote:
    >
    >> It was never annoying though, especially at the higher levels when you
    >> can fire off a lot of spells before you run out.
    >
    >Will a wizard reach a high enough level (around 9 or 10, I guess) early
    >enough in the game to have a lot of spells to cast?

    It's been a while since I played, but you'd get a fair number of spells
    by then.

    Xocyll
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Insane Ranter wrote:
    >>Druids and Clerics don't "cast" spells, they channel the power of their
    >>deity. Pray for effect, get effect granted by deity unless they've been
    >>bad, since they aren't the one "casting" the spell, they don't have the
    >>same armor restrictions actual casters do.
    >>
    >>Notice that Wizards and Sorcerers do not lose spells when their
    >>alignment changes, Druids, Clerics, Paladins do, because their deity
    >>isn't picking up when they call.
    >

    > Alrighty whatever you say chief

    A classic goose-gander example that I think Xocyll set up on purpose.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Xocyll wrote:
    > "Insane Ranter" <whoo@hooo.me> looked up from reading the entrails of
    > the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
    >

    >>"John Salerno" <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message

    >>>I'm sure he's talking about pure spellcasters (wizards and sorcerers),
    >>>but then again I've noticed that you often misinterpret, whether
    >>>intentionally or not, what people say.
    >>
    >>Then he should say all not most spellcasters then. If you aren't including
    >>druids and clerics.
    >

    > Druids and Clerics don't "cast" spells, they channel the power of their
    > deity. Pray for effect, get effect granted by deity unless they've been
    > bad, since they aren't the one "casting" the spell, they don't have the
    > same armor restrictions actual casters do.
    >
    > Notice that Wizards and Sorcerers do not lose spells when their
    > alignment changes, Druids, Clerics, Paladins do, because their deity
    > isn't picking up when they call.

    And rangers, who are divine spellcasters, don't.

    "Divine spellcasters aren't actually spellcasters" is not a good idea;
    it adds another level of unnecessary complexity to terminology which
    already confuses a lot of people.
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Lance" <emporer@dejazzd.com> wrote in message
    > John Salerno <johnjsalNOSPAM@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > > Lance wrote:
    > >

    > > > Sorcerers and bards have a short list of spells that they improve only
    > > > on leveling up, while wizards get to improve their list via found or
    > > > purchased spell scrolls. Clerics, druids, rangers and paladins get
    > > > access to their entire spell list for their level at all times. Thus,
    > > > sorcerers and bards are in a way the -least- flexible casters.
    > >
    > > So a sorcerer can choose any spells from a given level when he levels
    > > up? I know he may only be able to know three or four per level, but he
    > > can choose any of them?

    <snip>

    I've played both wizards and sorcerors in different modules. They can both
    work well. If I remember right the sorcerors have a shorter spell list than
    wizards, ie there are some spells wizards can do that sorcerors just can't
    get. Sorceror spells being focussed more around the direct damage-causing
    ones.

    In actual fact wizards and sorcerors are among the most powerful characters
    in the game because they can run a 'Party' of four; PC, Henchman, Familiar
    and Summoned Creature. The whole party goes up in level with the PC,
    assuming you make sure to get the appropriate summoning spell for each spell
    level. The summoned creature acts as muscle. My personal preference is for
    the imp as familiar; it gives the important rogue skills on tap all the time
    (Pick lock, detect trap, disarm trap) and it does surprisingly well in
    melee, as it is hard to hit, esp once it starts casting Imp Invis. That
    means you can afford to pick whichever henchman you please, a cleric goes
    down well as a combination of muscle and healing, but you will be doing well
    enough that you can afford to choose on the basis of personality
    interactions. Buy a crossbow, or later a bow, that will be your contribution
    to many fights where there is no need to waste precious spells. At lower
    levels in the OC the rod you get before leaving the academy which casts the
    ice damage cantrip as often as you like will also work well for you.

    It may just be me but I think the fighter classes are boring in comparison.

    Hugh
  19. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Hugh Conkey wrote:

    > level. The summoned creature acts as muscle. My personal preference is for
    > the imp as familiar; it gives the important rogue skills on tap all the time
    > (Pick lock, detect trap, disarm trap)

    Can you change your familiar at will?
  20. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    > Hugh Conkey wrote:
    >
    > > level. The summoned creature acts as muscle. My personal preference is
    for
    > > the imp as familiar; it gives the important rogue skills on tap all the
    time
    > > (Pick lock, detect trap, disarm trap)
    >
    > Can you change your familiar at will?

    Every time you level your spellcasting class you can choose which familiar
    you want.
  21. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    Hugh Conkey wrote:
    > My personal preference is for
    > the imp as familiar; it gives the important rogue skills on tap all the time
    > (Pick lock, detect trap, disarm trap) and it does surprisingly well in
    > melee, as it is hard to hit, esp once it starts casting Imp Invis.

    I think you mean pixie, not imp.
    --
    Barry Scott Will
    Pyric RPG Publications

    If you insist on emailing me, remove all the **JUNK** first
  22. Archived from groups: alt.games.neverwinter-nights (More info?)

    "Barry Scott Will" <nwn**JUNK**@cavecreations.net> wrote in message
    > Hugh Conkey wrote:
    > > My personal preference is for
    > > the imp as familiar; it gives the important rogue skills on tap all the
    time
    > > (Pick lock, detect trap, disarm trap) and it does surprisingly well in
    > > melee, as it is hard to hit, esp once it starts casting Imp Invis.
    >

    > I think you mean pixie, not imp.
    > --

    You're right of course. Just spotted it myself as I re-read the post. Sorry
    for being misleading

    Hugh

Games Video Games