Log off a user from network

Hi,

How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is still
working and access all the n/w resources.

Server: Windows 2000 ,
Client : Windows 2000 Professional

Please advice,

Cheers,
7 answers Last reply
More about user network

    "Helpdesk" <Helpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
    > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is
    still
    > working and access all the n/w resources.
    >
    > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    >
    > Please advice,
    >
    > Cheers,

    The user is probably using a different account. You can easily
    find out by getting a few tools from www.sysinternals.com:

    On your machine, run this command: psexec \\ProblemPC cmd

    You're now on the problem machine. Run these commands:

    psloggedon (to see who's logged on).
    psshutdown (to shutdown or reboot the PC)

    Back on your own PC, you can run this command to see
    when the problem user last logged on, and if his/her account
    is suspended:

    net user BadGuy /domain

    Hi Pegasus,

    What I meant was after disabling the user account from AD, the user was
    still working, I understand he has to logoff once before the AD not allow him
    to logon.

    What I want is if I disable the account, I need to log him off the current
    session so the AD will not allow him to logon.

    The user is not using any other account.

    Cheers,

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > "Helpdesk" <Helpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
    > > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is
    > still
    > > working and access all the n/w resources.
    > >
    > > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    > > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    > >
    > > Please advice,
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    >
    > The user is probably using a different account. You can easily
    > find out by getting a few tools from www.sysinternals.com:
    >
    > On your machine, run this command: psexec \\ProblemPC cmd
    >
    > You're now on the problem machine. Run these commands:
    >
    > psloggedon (to see who's logged on).
    > psshutdown (to shutdown or reboot the PC)
    >
    > Back on your own PC, you can run this command to see
    > when the problem user last logged on, and if his/her account
    > is suspended:
    >
    > net user BadGuy /domain

    Thanks for the useful link , It will certainly do the job for me, I was
    assuming that the user will be logged off instantly after disabilng the
    account.

    Once again thank U,

    Cheers,

    "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

    > "Helpdesk" <Helpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
    > > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is
    > still
    > > working and access all the n/w resources.
    > >
    > > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    > > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    > >
    > > Please advice,
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    >
    > The user is probably using a different account. You can easily
    > find out by getting a few tools from www.sysinternals.com:
    >
    > On your machine, run this command: psexec \\ProblemPC cmd
    >
    > You're now on the problem machine. Run these commands:
    >
    > psloggedon (to see who's logged on).
    > psshutdown (to shutdown or reboot the PC)
    >
    > Back on your own PC, you can run this command to see
    > when the problem user last logged on, and if his/her account
    > is suspended:
    >
    > net user BadGuy /domain

    Use PsShutdown to remotely log the user off.
    See tip 4086 » PsShutdown command-line freeware works on both the local and remote computers.
    in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com

    On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 21:52:01 -0700, "Helpdesk" <Helpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Thanks for the useful link , It will certainly do the job for me, I was
    >assuming that the user will be logged off instantly after disabilng the
    >account.
    >
    >Once again thank U,
    >
    >Cheers,
    >

    >"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    >

    >> "Helpdesk" <Helpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
    >> > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is
    >> still
    >> > working and access all the n/w resources.
    >> >
    >> > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    >> > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    >> >
    >> > Please advice,
    >> >
    >> > Cheers,
    >>
    >> The user is probably using a different account. You can easily
    >> find out by getting a few tools from www.sysinternals.com:
    >>
    >> On your machine, run this command: psexec \\ProblemPC cmd
    >>
    >> You're now on the problem machine. Run these commands:
    >>
    >> psloggedon (to see who's logged on).
    >> psshutdown (to shutdown or reboot the PC)
    >>
    >> Back on your own PC, you can run this command to see
    >> when the problem user last logged on, and if his/her account
    >> is suspended:
    >>
    >> net user BadGuy /domain

    You may have to delete his account in order to close his
    access to domain resources. I'm not sure - I'd have to
    try it out for myself.

    > Hi Pegasus,
    >
    > What I meant was after disabling the user account from AD, the user was
    > still working, I understand he has to logoff once before the AD not allow
    him
    > to logon.
    >
    > What I want is if I disable the account, I need to log him off the current
    > session so the AD will not allow him to logon.
    >
    > The user is not using any other account.
    >
    > Cheers,
    >

    > "Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:
    >

    > > "Helpdesk" <Helpdesk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from
    the
    > > > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user
    is
    > > still
    > > > working and access all the n/w resources.
    > > >
    > > > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    > > > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    > > >
    > > > Please advice,
    > > >
    > > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > The user is probably using a different account. You can easily
    > > find out by getting a few tools from www.sysinternals.com:
    > >
    > > On your machine, run this command: psexec \\ProblemPC cmd
    > >
    > > You're now on the problem machine. Run these commands:
    > >
    > > psloggedon (to see who's logged on).
    > > psshutdown (to shutdown or reboot the PC)
    > >
    > > Back on your own PC, you can run this command to see
    > > when the problem user last logged on, and if his/her account
    > > is suspended:
    > >
    > > net user BadGuy /domain

    Or CMD. "Shutdown -r \\workstationname -l".
    See "shutdown /?" for more options.

    Best

    "Helpdesk" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
    > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is still
    > working and access all the n/w resources.
    >
    > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    >
    > Please advice,
    >
    > Cheers,
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general (More info?)

    Thank you Pegasus, Jerold Schulman & reino_gbg - It was very useful.

    Cheers,

    "reino_gbg@news.postalias" wrote:

    > Or CMD. "Shutdown -r \\workstationname -l".
    > See "shutdown /?" for more options.
    >
    > Best
    >

    > "Helpdesk" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > How do I logoff a user from network, I disabled the user account from the
    > > WIN2K Active Directory and even disabled the PC account but the user is still
    > > working and access all the n/w resources.
    > >
    > > Server: Windows 2000 ,
    > > Client : Windows 2000 Professional
    > >
    > > Please advice,
    > >
    > > Cheers,

Windows 2000 Microsoft Active Directory Windows