Task scheduler and Domain account

Hi all,

I planned a task that should run a .bat file : this .bat file il located on
our network and it backups data on one of our server.

I need to run task scheduler using domain account xxxx so as to backup this
data on our server, because only domain account xxxx has security permissions
on this directory (account xxxx is a member of local administrator)

It worked fine under Windows NT4 but now under W2k SP4 I have an error
message when I try to start Task Scheduler with this domain account :

"Error 6200:Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local Computer.
The Task Scheduler must be configured to run in the System to function
properly. Individual tasks may be configured to run in other accounts. "

Is there a way to run task scheduler using a domain account ??

Thx :)

"Xpinasson" <Xpinasson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I planned a task that should run a .bat file : this .bat file il located
on
> our network and it backups data on one of our server.
>
> I need to run task scheduler using domain account xxxx so as to backup
this
> data on our server, because only domain account xxxx has security
permissions
> on this directory (account xxxx is a member of local administrator)
>
> It worked fine under Windows NT4 but now under W2k SP4 I have an error
> message when I try to start Task Scheduler with this domain account :
>
> "Error 6200:Could not start the Task Scheduler service on Local Computer.
> The Task Scheduler must be configured to run in the System to function
> properly. Individual tasks may be configured to run in other accounts. "
>
> Is there a way to run task scheduler using a domain account ??
>
> Thx :)

You're talking about two separate accounts:

a) The account used to start the Task Scheduler ***service***.
b) The account used to run a scheduled ***task***.

The account used for a) should be the System account. Do not
change it unless you know what you're doing.

The account used for b) can be any domain account. Make sure
that it has sufficient privileges to access the domain resources
referenced in your batch file.