Can not View network properties

When I right click on My Network Places on three of my servers and select
Properties, nothing happens. No network nic or anything.
Can someone please help.
Thank you.

The Rev wrote:

> When I right click on My Network Places on three of my servers and select
> Properties, nothing happens. No network nic or anything.
> Can someone please help.
> Thank you.
Hi,

You haven't by any chance PowerChute 6.x UPS software (APC) installed
on the computer?

If so, upgrade it to v7 or uninstall it and see if that helps.

PowerChute 6.x cases a lot of issues, much more than what is described
here:

CRITICAL UPDATE REQUIRED PowerChute Business Edition - Customers Using
6.x Must Upgrade to 7.x due to Java Runtime Environment expiration
http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7202

Microsoft have published a knowledge base article for this issue as well:

System with APC Powerchute 6.x UPS Software gives strange symptoms
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555386/

This is how you can disable the PowerChute service if you are unable to
uninstall it:

Start Regedit.exe

Locate the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APCPBESERVER
Set the "Start" value to 4 (means disabled)

Locate the key
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APCPBEAGENT
Set the "Start" value to 4 (means disabled)

Reboot the computer.

the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Thank you very much, Power chute was the problem.
We lost power om Monday and thing hasn't been the same.
I replaced the software and it resolved the problem.
Thanks for the quick response.
"Torgeir Bakken (MVP)" wrote:

> The Rev wrote:
>
> > When I right click on My Network Places on three of my servers and select
> > Properties, nothing happens. No network nic or anything.
> > Can someone please help.
> > Thank you.
> Hi,
>
> You haven't by any chance PowerChute 6.x UPS software (APC) installed
> on the computer?
>
> If so, upgrade it to v7 or uninstall it and see if that helps.
>

> PowerChute 6.x cases a lot of issues, much more than what is described
> here:
>
> CRITICAL UPDATE REQUIRED PowerChute Business Edition - Customers Using
> 6.x Must Upgrade to 7.x due to Java Runtime Environment expiration
> http://nam-en.apc.com/cgi-bin/nam_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=7202
>
> Microsoft have published a knowledge base article for this issue as well:
>
> System with APC Powerchute 6.x UPS Software gives strange symptoms
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555386/
>

> This is how you can disable the PowerChute service if you are unable to
> uninstall it:
>
> Start Regedit.exe
>
> Locate the key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APCPBESERVER
> Set the "Start" value to 4 (means disabled)
>
> Locate the key
> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\APCPBEAGENT
> Set the "Start" value to 4 (means disabled)
>
> Reboot the computer.

> the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

TRENDING THREADS