Recommendation for a socket 939 motherboard

EvertonBlair

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
Hi

I have a A8R-MVP which I've had enough of, and I've decided to upgrade it for Vista and so i can use all of my 4GB Ram as I can never get the ram working with the A8R-MVP.

can anyone recommend a board please?

I don't need 2 graphics card slots, but I do need something that will hold my X1900 and still have min 2PCI slots free (would be nice to have a 3rd), min 6x USB2.0, Gigabit LAN and Min 4xSATAII.

This will be only my second mobo, so although I do want to try and overclock it, I don't think I want something like a DFI that goes OTT with options.

Ideally I'd like something that has good cooling, but if not the swiftech can keep it cool.

Thanks in advance for any replies

dragonsprayer

Splendid
Jan 3, 2007
sell your system on ebay and get a C2D! ok just jokin

you can get really good deals on open box mobos on new egg since your 939 socket they have $200+ mobos for $129 heres a link for 1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131005R

note: the board is only $149 new so u might want go new -- many times at newegg u get "just like" new boards when u order oem -sometimtes u get a brown or white box with just a board. basically, if its a newer board you usually get all the stuff with the older boards u get just the board