Screen Protector ?

April 6, 2005 10:15:26 PM

I'm just interested what you other guys do for a screen protector?

I cut a length of 4" wide selotape, laid it over the screen and stuck it on,
then I gently cut round the edges with a scalple to remove the surplus. It
works great, does anyone else do this?

I am on my second one now. It was a bit tricky removing the first one but
it came off quite easily, but then I had to clean the screen to get the glue
traces off. All in all thought it works fine.

More about : screen protector

April 6, 2005 10:15:27 PM

Triker wrote:
> I'm just interested what you other guys do for a screen protector?

I'm using Fellowes PDA screen protectors and in 6 years, I haven't used up
2 packs (12 sheets each) yet.
Anonymous
April 6, 2005 10:15:27 PM

I go to Franklin/Covey and purchase their screen
protectors, reasonably priced, but I can't cut a straight
line to save my life, and I almost always get bubbles!

oh well, it'll stop any scratches tho!

xfiler

Related resources
April 6, 2005 10:15:27 PM

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:15:26 +0100, Triker wrote:

>I'm just interested what you other guys do for a screen protector?
>
>I cut a length of 4" wide selotape, laid it over the screen and stuck it on,
>then I gently cut round the edges with a scalple to remove the surplus. It
>works great, does anyone else do this?
>
>I am on my second one now. It was a bit tricky removing the first one but
>it came off quite easily, but then I had to clean the screen to get the glue
>traces off. All in all thought it works fine.

Did anyone recommend the Brando yet?

--
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me
than a frontal lobotomy.

On Wed, 6 Apr 2005 18:15:26 +0100, Triker wrote:

> I'm just interested what you other guys do for a screen protector?

Brando Workshop Screen Protector.

<http://shop.brando.com.hk/&gt;

I tried a couple protectors from Belkin. They were cheaper, but not
nearly as good as the ones from Brando. Easy to apply, no air bubbles
and they last a long time (in a webforum I read a posting from
somebody who claimed he used his almost a year).

--
HP iPAQ h2210 | Brando Workshop Protector Plus | HP Leather Belt Case | Kingston CF 1 GiB |
SanDisk CF 256 MiB | D-Link DBT-120

Buy a Brando screen protector, You will have no problems.
By
G.Ferraro

"Triker" <nodontemailme@no.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I'm just interested what you other guys do for a screen protector?
>
> I cut a length of 4" wide selotape, laid it over the screen and stuck it
> on,
> then I gently cut round the edges with a scalple to remove the surplus.
> It
> works great, does anyone else do this?
>
> I am on my second one now. It was a bit tricky removing the first one but
> it came off quite easily, but then I had to clean the screen to get the
> glue
> traces off. All in all thought it works fine.

Anonymous
April 7, 2005 9:58:13 AM

On 4/6/2005 11:15:30 AM, "Triker" wrote:
>I'm just interested what you other guys do for a screen protector?
>
>I cut a length of 4" wide selotape, laid it over the screen and stuck it on,
>then I gently cut round the edges with a scalple to remove the surplus. It
>works great, does anyone else do this?
>
>I am on my second one now. It was a bit tricky removing the first one but
>it came off quite easily, but then I had to clean the screen to get the glue
>traces off. All in all thought it works fine.

Based on recomendations from this group, I am trying out the Cleartouch
protector: <http://www.boxwave.com/products/categories/screen_prote...;
Right now I'm using the anti-glare one. It works really good. Next I'll try
out the clear one. So far I like it. It leaves it a little bit fuzzy looking
if you check too closely.

--
Walt
!