Desktop folder moves after placing a file in that folder

Scenario:
Windows Professional 2000 SP4 All updates installed. Clean install.
Desktop is arranged by Date and a folder on the desktop is moved to the
right side of the desktop. If a file from the desktop is dropped into that
folder, the folder moves to the next available spot on the desktop (almost
like auto arrange, but auto arrange is not on)
I have reproduced this on all W2K Pro systems.
1 answer Last reply
More about desktop folder moves placing file folder

    Has anyone seen this before? Is there KB article on this?

    "Pete" wrote:

    > Scenario:
    > Windows Professional 2000 SP4 All updates installed. Clean install.
    > Desktop is arranged by Date and a folder on the desktop is moved to the
    > right side of the desktop. If a file from the desktop is dropped into that
    > folder, the folder moves to the next available spot on the desktop (almost
    > like auto arrange, but auto arrange is not on)
    > I have reproduced this on all W2K Pro systems.

Desktops Microsoft Clean Install Windows