TCP/IP Printer vs Network Printer

peter

Hi,

When we print to a print queue via a Print Server, we are not able to get
all pages we print (like we get 20 out of 30). We believe that it is the
problem of memory of the printer. However, the engineer finds that there is
no problem.

On the other hand, we have set up TCP / IP Printing on workstation and it
prints OK. We would like to know
1) For TCP / IP Printing, does it mean that it only uses the memory / HD
space in local workstation for processing and spooling ?
2) Would it be a problem of the Print Server for this case ?

Thanks

Hi Peter,
If you can print a job by IP directly to your printer from your
workstation with out any issue then, print the same job via a Print
Server then yes, you have a problem with the print server.
Dave

Peter wrote:

> Hi,
>
> When we print to a print queue via a Print Server, we are not able to get
> all pages we print (like we get 20 out of 30). We believe that it is the
> problem of memory of the printer. However, the engineer finds that there is
> no problem.
>
> On the other hand, we have set up TCP / IP Printing on workstation and it
> prints OK. We would like to know
> 1) For TCP / IP Printing, does it mean that it only uses the memory / HD
> space in local workstation for processing and spooling ?
> 2) Would it be a problem of the Print Server for this case ?
>
> Thanks

If TCP/IP printing is available, by all means use it. It is
"direct" from the workstation to the printer; the job is held
in the local workstation until released for printing. An issue
with using a print server is the queing on the server if there
are many jobs being sent to it.