Can not enable USB 2.0 ports in W2K Adv Server

Although I have installed the Intel Chipset update provided by Supermicro for
their P4SC8 motherboard I am not getting the USB 2.0 ports described in the
user manual. I get a Universal USB Host Controller in Device Manager with a
yellow mark indicating that the driver is not installed. I should have an
entry with no yellow mark for Intel 6300ESB USB2 Enhanced Host Controller
25AD. Supermicro does not seem to provide any software specific to USB on
their CD but I thought the Chipset update was all that would be necessary.
Might the problem be that only W2K SP3 is installed. Might installing SP4 be
helpful?

I should have added to my post that if the device manager entry in error is
uninstalled and Windows rebooted the Intel 6300ESB USB2 Enhanced Host
Controller device is detected and an attempt is made by the OS to install a
driver for it but this attempt results in: "error occurred during
installation of device - failed because a function driver was not specified
for this device instance".