Blue entries in explorer

I have inherited a system that when I open an explorer window some of the
directories displayed in a different color. Most items are black, but a few
items are blue. I don't know what the blue color is trying to tell me.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Heckle wrote:
> I have inherited a system that when I open an explorer window some of the
> directories displayed in a different color. Most items are black, but a few
> items are blue. I don't know what the blue color is trying to tell me.
>
> Thanks,
> Bill

By design, WinXP automatically compresses files that do not get used
frequently, and, if you've left the default settings intact, displays
those files in blue.

If you wish to change this behavior, in Windows Explorer, click
Tools > Folder Options > View > Advanced settings: Show encrypted or
compressed NTFS files in color.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Thank you,
Bill

"Bruce Chambers" wrote:

> Bill Heckle wrote:
> > I have inherited a system that when I open an explorer window some of the
> > directories displayed in a different color. Most items are black, but a few
> > items are blue. I don't know what the blue color is trying to tell me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Bill
>

> By design, WinXP automatically compresses files that do not get used
> frequently, and, if you've left the default settings intact, displays
> those files in blue.
>
> If you wish to change this behavior, in Windows Explorer, click
> Tools > Folder Options > View > Advanced settings: Show encrypted or
> compressed NTFS files in color.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you: