Sign in with
Your question

PNY Verto

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
January 10, 2007 3:41:31 PM

PNY Verto GF 8800GTX DDR3 anyone know anything about this?

More about : pny verto

January 10, 2007 3:50:45 PM

If You can afford it buy it, thats all I know.
January 10, 2007 6:19:27 PM

Yay generic questions. Here is a generic answer its and 8800GTX from PNY.

Hope I helped!
Related resources
a c 355 U Graphics card
January 10, 2007 8:07:16 PM

Quote:

DO NOT BUY FROM PNY!!!

I had a very bad experience with PNY customer support a few years ago. I bought a brand new GeForce 4200Ti and it died after 6 months. No big deal I figured, I'll just call up customer support and ask them to send me a replacement. After all, I did fill out the registration/warranty card, and mail back to them. Easy.

Wrong. Just because I registered my card with PNY doesn't automatically mean I am a legitiment owner. Customer service wanted me to provide a copy of the sales reciept. Hmmm... Where did I put it 6 months ago?

No receipt = No warranty

Unless you want to keep track of your sales reciept until your warranty expires, I suggest you buy from another namebrand.
January 10, 2007 8:34:03 PM

If you can afford a 8800GTX from PNY, man, dont buy that, just get the eVGA which is a way better brand.
January 10, 2007 8:48:00 PM

Quote:

DO NOT BUY FROM PNY!!!

I had a very bad experience with PNY customer support a few years ago. I bought a brand new GeForce 4200Ti and it died after 6 months. No big deal I figured, I'll just call up customer support and ask them to send me a replacement. After all, I did fill out the registration/warranty card, and mail back to them. Easy.

Wrong. Just because I registered my card with PNY doesn't automatically mean I am a legitiment owner. Customer service wanted me to provide a copy of the sales reciept. Hmmm... Where did I put it 6 months ago?

No receipt = No warranty

Unless you want to keep track of your sales reciept until your warranty expires, I suggest you buy from another namebrand.

I had amy D-Link Router crap out on me a few months back - was about 6 months old at the time. I called up their tech support and he said I can RMA, even though I didn't have the original receipt (paid cash and used gift card) and sent in the receipt for a rebate. He told me if I wrote a note explaining why I didnt have a receipt they'd probably honor it this once.

Just depends on the company or tech support guy I suppose.
January 10, 2007 8:49:01 PM

Quote:

Hope I helped!

Exactly my initial reaction. :lol: 
a c 355 U Graphics card
January 10, 2007 8:53:24 PM

Quote:

Just depends on the company or tech support guy I suppose.

I spoke with several people at PNY. They all gave me the same party line.

That's why I do not recommend PNY for any products.

What's the point of filling out the registration/warranty card if they do not honor it with the reciept?
January 11, 2007 5:05:00 AM

Quote:

Hope I helped!

Exactly my initial reaction. :lol: 

I'm cool 8)
!