Using computer as alarm

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Not sure where to ask this question, but here goes.
Is there a way to set an alarm on your computer, or a series of alarms, as
reminders of appointments, taking pills, etc? Or do you need other
software to do it/

024h Lucky Reminder. Reminder software for home and office
http://www.024h.com/products.html

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

"Happy" wrote:

| Not sure where to ask this question, but here goes.
| Is there a way to set an alarm on your computer, or a series of alarms, as
| reminders of appointments, taking pills, etc? Or do you need other
| software to do it/

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Thanks,,,, this should fit the bill
> 024h Lucky Reminder. Reminder software for home and office
> http://www.024h.com/products.html
>
> --
> Carey Frisch
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP - Shell/User
>
> Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

> "Happy" wrote:
>
> | Not sure where to ask this question, but here goes.
> | Is there a way to set an alarm on your computer, or a series of alarms,
> as
> | reminders of appointments, taking pills, etc? Or do you need other
> | software to do it/

vanguard

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2004

"Happy" <happy@trial.ca> wrote in message
> Thanks,,,, this should fit the bill
>> 024h Lucky Reminder. Reminder software for home and office
>> http://www.024h.com/products.html
>>
>> "Happy" wrote:
>>
>> | Not sure where to ask this question, but here goes.
>> | Is there a way to set an alarm on your computer, or a series of
>> alarms, as
>> | reminders of appointments, taking pills, etc? Or do you need
>> other
>> | software to do it/

Looks like 024H Lucky Reminder runs as yet another process. Why not
utilize the Task Scheduler that you already have running? TMR from
http://www.phatsoft.org/ creates events in Task Scheduler so you don't
need yet another background application running.

Happy

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2004

Great thanks for these suggestions. I'll try both of them out, have got the
TMR one running now, I like it so far.