Can't boot - Stop:0x6b Process1_Initialization_Failed - Pl..

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
September 5, 2005 3:53:13 AM

Hi,
Today is the 4th day I have been desperately trying to fix this issue. I am
running Win 2000 Professional on a PIII 750MHz with 256MB RAM (1 bank). Last
Thursday I pulled the network cable from this desktop to connect to my
laptop, after which the desktop seemed hung. Mouse or keyboard did not
respond, so I decided to reboot. Ever since then I get the BSOD with this
message:
STOP:0x0000006B (0xC0000034,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000000)
PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED

I can't boot into safe mode or from last known good configuration, this
error keeps repeating. I have not installed any hardware/software that may
have caused this. Upon searching the internet I didn't find anything specific
except to reinstall the OS or access the recovery console (which I dont know
how).
Can someone please please help in resolving this problem, I'm very paranoid
to reinstall the OS as I have years of data and programs which I dont want to
lose :(

PLEEEEEEEASE HELP !
Hasan
Anonymous
September 5, 2005 4:16:43 AM

I think you're going to lose this data...

REF: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=330134

If possible...
1. Plug the HDD into a second computer as a slave or secondary drive.
2. Copy off all those years of data to DVD or other HDD.
3. Put it back into your original PC.
4. Reinstall windows. If your install fails, then you will know (only
then) if you've a serious hardware issue.

Remember to backup. It saves dramas like this.

Apologies,

J.
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:01:39 PM

Stupid question but, have you tried booting with the network cable
reattached? Since that caused the problem to begin with...

"hasan" <hasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Today is the 4th day I have been desperately trying to fix this issue. I
> am
> running Win 2000 Professional on a PIII 750MHz with 256MB RAM (1 bank).
> Last
> Thursday I pulled the network cable from this desktop to connect to my
> laptop, after which the desktop seemed hung. Mouse or keyboard did not
> respond, so I decided to reboot. Ever since then I get the BSOD with this
> message:
> STOP:0x0000006B (0xC0000034,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000000)
> PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
>
> I can't boot into safe mode or from last known good configuration, this
> error keeps repeating. I have not installed any hardware/software that may
> have caused this. Upon searching the internet I didn't find anything
> specific
> except to reinstall the OS or access the recovery console (which I dont
> know
> how).
> Can someone please please help in resolving this problem, I'm very
> paranoid
> to reinstall the OS as I have years of data and programs which I dont want
> lose :(
>
> PLEEEEEEEASE HELP !
> Hasan
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
September 7, 2005 3:04:54 PM

Try booting from the CD, getting into the recovery console, then copying the
ntdll.dll file from the CD into the system32 folder;
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;163240

"hasan" <hasan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Today is the 4th day I have been desperately trying to fix this issue. I
> am
> running Win 2000 Professional on a PIII 750MHz with 256MB RAM (1 bank).
> Last
> Thursday I pulled the network cable from this desktop to connect to my
> laptop, after which the desktop seemed hung. Mouse or keyboard did not
> respond, so I decided to reboot. Ever since then I get the BSOD with this
> message:
> STOP:0x0000006B (0xC0000034,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x00000000)
> PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
>
> I can't boot into safe mode or from last known good configuration, this
> error keeps repeating. I have not installed any hardware/software that may
> have caused this. Upon searching the internet I didn't find anything
> specific
> except to reinstall the OS or access the recovery console (which I dont
> know
> how).
> Can someone please please help in resolving this problem, I'm very
> paranoid
> to reinstall the OS as I have years of data and programs which I dont want
> lose :(
>
> PLEEEEEEEASE HELP !
> Hasan
October 4, 2012 8:57:46 AM

Here is the fix for the below bluescreen error,

PROCESS1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED
STOP: 0x0000006B (0x00000000, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

1. Boot from Windows 7 CD
2. Select language and Select Repair Computer option

3. Select the installed operating system( this may try to fix the issue Automatically, but fails)
4. If the pc is encrypted using Bit locker, enter the recovery key

5. Select command prompt from recovery options

6. navigate to /Windows/System32/CodeIntegrity

7. delete the Bootcat.cache file win command del bootcat.cache
8. Restart computer.
!