Reason to Return Memory

DennyCraneBL

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2006
I bought a cheap piece of Memory from eBuyer UK:
http://www.ebuyer.com:80/UK/product/115959

It overclocked fairly well for a low price, operates normally up to 812Mhz, but now I have an E6300 and DS3 I want to overclock more and the memory is holding me back.

Can anybody think of a reason to send it back, I'm frugal and can't afford to throw this memory out - so I want to try return it, but it doesn't really have a fault - it passes Memtest until over 812Mhz.

Anyway to induce a fault?

sailer

Splendid
There's lots of ways to induce a fault, but what you're asking is unethical at best. You bought a product that did what it was supposed to do when you bought it. Now you want someone else to take responsibility for the changes in the computer that you made. Accept it as part of the price for upgrading the computer. You might try to sell the ram stick to someone else and recoup some of the cost, but that's the only good suggestion that I can make.

predatorgsr

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2006
I had a similar situation. I didn't do enough research and bought two 512 sticks, with the intent to buy two more later on for 2 gb. I found out my motherboard didn't support all 4 at ddr 400, and reverted back to 333 when all four sticks would be in. I bit the bullet and paid the $15 restocking fee at newegg and bought two 1 gig sticks instead.

You should do the same. Honestly, if you can't afford the $15 or 50$ hit, you shouldn't be overclocking your computer.