[SOLVED] Dual Boot gone wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.

louiselbest

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
Hello, I've downloaded the iso of windows seven onto a USB key, then i used boot camp on my mac to dual boot windows and mac. But it's asking me now to insert boot device and press any key, i've inserted the usb key but the keyboard wont respond.

I'm now stuck on that screen.

Your help will be much appreciated

thank you

Solution
Have you checked to make sure that your boot device selected is set to USB-Device or something along those lines. By default, the boot device should be a cd/dvd rom in the settings. You will most likely have to tell it specifically that you wish to boot from that device.

As for putting the .iso onto the flashdrive: what software did you use to create a bootable flashdrive? Its not as simple as just dumping an .iso onto the drive and having it boot from it.

noxicate

Honorable
Nov 24, 2012
Have you checked to make sure that your boot device selected is set to USB-Device or something along those lines. By default, the boot device should be a cd/dvd rom in the settings. You will most likely have to tell it specifically that you wish to boot from that device.

As for putting the .iso onto the flashdrive: what software did you use to create a bootable flashdrive? Its not as simple as just dumping an .iso onto the drive and having it boot from it.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.