Stuck in infinite Scandisk loop - please help!

I did a search but did not find any thread regarding my problem.

This morning I found that my computer has rebooted and is stuck in an
endless scandisk loop!

After each pass (it reports no bad sectors or problems found) it looks
as if it will start Windows 2000 (I get the boot splash screen), but
then it reboots and begins scandisk again with a message that a
_scan_has_been_scheduled_!

I tried to boot in Safe Mode, but the same thing happens.

I have Panda antivirus installed and it has been finding and
"disinfecting" network viruses on an almost daily basis. I do not know
if this is related to a virus, but it seems possible.

If at all possible I need to save the data on the disk - there is some
important files I have not backed up yet.

--
Sudsy
Sudsy's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=4934

Copy them from a parallel install.