Reinstall Windows 2000 due to low disk space

Hi!

I have my Windows 2000 server that was the first 2000 server that was
upgraded from WIndows NT domain. I am now experiencing low disk space so I
may re-initialize the system partition to increase it. Can you guide me with
this? Can you give me a checklist that I may need to follow before I do the
reinitialization? My primary concern was the AD. Btw, I have my second Win2K
DC, where I can transfer all the roles. My worry is this, can windows nt
workstation clients be connected to the domain when I do the initialization
of this DC(hope the answer is yes)?

M P

thanks pegasus. how about the mirrored volumes? Actually, we have norton
ghost. I don't know if this is enough for this activity?

"Pegasus (MVP)" wrote:

> "M P" <MP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi!
> >
> > I have my Windows 2000 server that was the first 2000 server that was
> > upgraded from WIndows NT domain. I am now experiencing low disk space so I
> > may re-initialize the system partition to increase it. Can you guide me
> with
> > this? Can you give me a checklist that I may need to follow before I do
> the
> > reinitialization? My primary concern was the AD. Btw, I have my second
> Win2K
> > DC, where I can transfer all the roles. My worry is this, can windows nt
> > workstation clients be connected to the domain when I do the
> initialization
> > of this DC(hope the answer is yes)?
> >
> > M P
>
> It would be far quicker, cheaper and less painful to buy an imaging
> program so that you can clone your current disk onto a new disk,
> e.g. with Acronis. It's a zero-risk solution: Either the new disk works
> or it does not work, but you still have the old disk.

Mirrorred volumes won't help you, because the two halves
of the mirror are exactly the same size. Norton Ghost may
help you, if it is a server version.