gerhard

Distinguished
May 22, 2001

Hello,

the cmd prompt scrolls VERY slowly in window mode, e.g. when typing a
'dir'. I find this rather annoying - does anybody know a solution what I
can do to make it scroll faster?

Thank you for helping,
greetings,
Gerhard

Are you using CMD.EXE or command.com?
--
This is A SQUARE HOUSE. Please report any un-fairness to the proprietor

"Gerhard" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> the cmd prompt scrolls VERY slowly in window mode, e.g. when typing a
> 'dir'. I find this rather annoying - does anybody know a solution what I
> can do to make it scroll faster?
>
> Thank you for helping,
> greetings,
> Gerhard

gerhard

Distinguished
May 22, 2001

Hi,

> Are you using CMD.EXE or command.com?

I am not sure what I am using when a .BAT-file is started (that's most
of the time I make use of the cmd prompt). When starting the command
prompt from the start menu, CMD.EXE is used.

What is the difference between both?
And where can I set the program being associated to .BAT-files? When I
use the Windows Explorer to see or set the applications which are
attached to the file extensions, I cannot find any entry for .BAT.

Thank you,
Gerhard

Latest posts