We have obtained a win2000 PC but do not have the admin password. How do we
solve that problem? TIA

n6trf wrote:

> We have obtained a win2000 PC but do not have the admin password. How do we
> solve that problem? TIA

If the machine is of no consequence to its intended use,
then do a new, clean installation of Windows 2000. It is
presumed, of course, that the Windows 2000 installation
cdrom, floppies/cdroms for the installed peripherals, etc.,
were also shipped along with the computer?

I was afraid of that but will do it :-(.

"Ghostrider" <-00-@fitron.142> wrote in message

> n6trf wrote:
>
>> We have obtained a win2000 PC but do not have the admin password. How do
>> we
>> solve that problem? TIA
>>

> If the machine is of no consequence to its intended use,
> then do a new, clean installation of Windows 2000. It is
> presumed, of course, that the Windows 2000 installation
> cdrom, floppies/cdroms for the installed peripherals, etc.,
> were also shipped along with the computer?

Have you tried asking the owner to provide the password?

n6trf wrote:

> We have obtained a win2000 PC but do not have the admin password. How do we
> solve that problem? TIA

Not being a meanie about it but it just turns out better
this way. Eliminates whatever garbage is already on the
machine and sets it up better for its intended use.