Cooler for seagate 7200.10 750 BG Sata 300 needed?

DocH

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
Ive seen so many reviews on this drive that say how great it is in storage and speed, but that it can run up to 50 degrees. I really don't like that temp at all, but i want the unit. Any suggestions? I was looking at a Vantec vortex cooling unit, but don't really know if there are beter out there.

MrCommunistGen

Distinguished
Jun 7, 2005
Well, depending on what case you have you might just try mounting the drive somewhere that a case fan can blow over it. Unfortunately for you, because I have a case that lets me do this I have no experience with HD cooling units.

-mcg

DocH

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2005
Dell dimension 8400 case...in other words... what is this "venting" you speak of? lol If I had my way it would be a lian- li... but this is my friend's comp.

4745454b

Titan
I've made my own hdd cooler. I've had a lot of computers over the years, and have lots of spare parts. For my 7200.10 hdd, I took an old P1 heatsink, and strapped it to the top of my harddrive. (directly over the spindle.) Put this right in front of the case intake fan, runs nice and cool. If I ever get off my lazy @$$, I'll get some before and after numbers for you. (but don't hold your breath, I'm not in the modding mood right now...)