Is there an application to override uninstalls

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 9, 2005 2:51:33 PM

I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in the
add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I think
that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help me
do this without trying to manually hack the registry?

--
Henry Stock
September 9, 2005 8:13:01 PM

Its the 'windows uninstaller utility'

"Henry Stock" <hstock@onproject.com> wrote in message
news:o PW%2353UtFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in the
> add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I think
> that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
> add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help
me
> do this without trying to manually hack the registry?
>
> --
> Henry Stock

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 4:32:04 PM

Is there a URL? an executable location you can tell me?

"DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
> Its the 'windows uninstaller utility'
>
> "Henry Stock" <hstock@onproject.com> wrote in message
> news:o PW%2353UtFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in
the
> > add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I
think
> > that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
> > add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help
> me
> > do this without trying to manually hack the registry?
> >
> > --
> > Henry Stock

Anonymous
September 12, 2005 10:54:41 PM

Hi,

Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

Henry Stock wrote:

> Is there a URL? an executable location you can tell me?
>

> "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
>
>>Its the 'windows uninstaller utility'
>>
>>"Henry Stock" <hstock@onproject.com> wrote in message
>>news:o PW%2353UtFHA.460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
>>
>>>I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in
>
> the
>
>>>add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I
>
> think
>
>>>that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
>>>add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help
>>
>>me
>>
>>>do this without trying to manually hack the registry?
>>>
>>>--
>>>Henry Stock

the 1328 page Scripting Guide: