Is there an application to override uninstalls

I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in the
add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I think
that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help me
do this without trying to manually hack the registry?

--
Henry Stock
3 answers Last reply

    Its the 'windows uninstaller utility'

    "Henry Stock" <hstock@onproject.com> wrote in message
    > I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in the
    > add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I think
    > that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
    > add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help
    me
    > do this without trying to manually hack the registry?
    >
    > --
    > Henry Stock

    Is there a URL? an executable location you can tell me?

    "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
    > Its the 'windows uninstaller utility'
    >
    > "Henry Stock" <hstock@onproject.com> wrote in message
    > > I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in
    the
    > > add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I
    think
    > > that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
    > > add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help
    > me
    > > do this without trying to manually hack the registry?
    > >
    > > --
    > > Henry Stock

    Hi,

    Description of the Windows Installer CleanUp Utility
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

    Henry Stock wrote:

    > Is there a URL? an executable location you can tell me?
    >

    > "DL" <dl@spoofmail> wrote in message
    >
    >>Its the 'windows uninstaller utility'
    >>
    >>"Henry Stock" <hstock@onproject.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>I have some applications for which the uninstall routines as shown in
    >
    > the
    >
    >>>add/remove programs are corrupted, e.g. they will not uninstall! I
    >
    > think
    >
    >>>that Microsoft has a tool that can help me remove the garbage from my
    >>>add/remove dialog. Could someone please send a URL or something to help
    >>
    >>me
    >>
    >>>do this without trying to manually hack the registry?
    >>>
    >>>--
    >>>Henry Stock

    the 1328 page Scripting Guide:

Microsoft Dialog Registry Windows