Resize C drive on DC with mirrored HD

I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same hard
drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2 domain
controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take about 10
gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?

craig

--
http://QLiner.com

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western
Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this
at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly
insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so
amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches and cell phones
are a pretty neat idea...

You'll probably need to break the mirror, resize (using third party tools),
then recreate the mirror.

--
Regards,

Microsoft Certified Professional
Microsoft MVP [Windows]
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"MSnews" wrote:
|I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
| currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same
hard
| drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2 domain
| controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take about 10
| gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?
|
| craig
|

| --
| http://QLiner.com
|
| Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the
Western
| Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this
| at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly
| insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are
so
| amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches and cell phones
| are a pretty neat idea...

Some third party packages do partition resizing reliably. PartitionMagic
(Powerquest) is one.

MSnews wrote:
> I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
> currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same hard
> drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2 domain
> controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take about 10
> gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?
>
> craig

Thanks
Version 8 only handles hardware raid 0 and raid 5

craig

"Dan Seur" <click@casta.net> wrote in message
> Some third party packages do partition resizing reliably. PartitionMagic
> (Powerquest) is one.
>
> MSnews wrote:
>> I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
>> currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same
>> hard drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2
>> domain controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take
>> about 10 gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?
>>
>> craig

CAUTION - Just realized you have a mirror...not sure whether
PartitionMagic handles that...