Resize C drive on DC with mirrored HD

I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same hard
drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2 domain
controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take about 10
gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?

craig

--
http://QLiner.com

Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the Western
Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this
at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly
insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are so
amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches and cell phones
are a pretty neat idea...
4 answers Last reply
More about resize drive mirrored

    You'll probably need to break the mirror, resize (using third party tools),
    then recreate the mirror.

    --
    Regards,

    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows]
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "MSnews" wrote:
    |I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
    | currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same
    hard
    | drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2 domain
    | controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take about 10
    | gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?
    |
    | craig
    |

    | --
    | http://QLiner.com
    |
    | Far out in the uncharted backwaters of the unfashionable end of the
    Western
    | Spiral arm of the Galaxy lies a small unregarded yellow sun. Orbiting this
    | at a distance of roughly ninety-eight million miles is an utterly
    | insignificant little blue-green planet whose ape-descended life forms are
    so
    | amazingly primitive that they still think digital watches and cell phones
    | are a pretty neat idea...

    Some third party packages do partition resizing reliably. PartitionMagic
    (Powerquest) is one.

    MSnews wrote:
    > I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
    > currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same hard
    > drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2 domain
    > controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take about 10
    > gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?
    >
    > craig

    Thanks
    Version 8 only handles hardware raid 0 and raid 5

    craig

    "Dan Seur" <click@casta.net> wrote in message
    > Some third party packages do partition resizing reliably. PartitionMagic
    > (Powerquest) is one.
    >
    > MSnews wrote:
    >> I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c drive
    >> currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on the same
    >> hard drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is 1 of 2
    >> domain controllers. is there a reliable program that will let me take
    >> about 10 gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on this system ?
    >>
    >> craig

    CAUTION - Just realized you have a mirror...not sure whether
    PartitionMagic handles that...

    Dan Seur wrote:

    > Some third party packages do partition resizing reliably. PartitionMagic
    > (Powerquest) is one.
    >
    > MSnews wrote:
    >
    >> I have a win2000 system with a software/OS mirrored drive. the c
    >> drive currently is 10 gig and the d drive is 80 gig and both are on
    >> the same hard drive. I am down to 800 meg on the c drive. This is
    >> 1 of 2 domain controllers. is there a reliable program that will let
    >> me take about 10 gig from the d drive and give it to the c drive on
    >> this system ?
    >>
    >> craig

HD Microsoft Windows