Removal of firewall for SP4

I've been trying to get through to my P2P connections, but non of them can
connect. Is there anyway I can remove the firewall from Windows 2000 SP4? Or
would it be more advisable to remove SP4 itself (and install SP3/2/1?)

I'm trying to connect Behind from a University LAN. Previously, my P2P could
connect.
Thanks for your help.

zephyrus17 wrote:
> I've been trying to get through to my P2P connections, but non of them can
> connect. Is there anyway I can remove the firewall from Windows 2000 SP4? Or
> would it be more advisable to remove SP4 itself (and install SP3/2/1?)
>
> I'm trying to connect Behind from a University LAN. Previously, my P2P could
> connect.
> Thanks for your help.

Win2K, regardless of service pack, has no firewall. If you've a
3rd-party firewall installed, go ahead and remove it, if you like
gambling. (Using P2P without taking extraordinary security measures is
just begging for trouble.)

Is it possible that your university's IT department may have taken
steps to block access to P2P networks, as such "services" are used
almost exclusively for the illegal distribution of copyrighted material
and the university might not want to be caught up in the resulting
lawsuits and other legal actions? Have you asked the university's
network administrator if he/she's tightened up LAN security or made
other changes to the LAN's firewall and proxy server settings?

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

dl

There is no Firewall in wn2k sp*
Any firewall you have is a third part app, and if you dont have one you
certainly ought to.
Open your Firewall and configure it to except the connections/ports for your
p2p