Jan 11, 2007
Hi,.
just build a system which contains,
Biostar Tforce4u-775
WD 3200KS
Intel D 925
Corsair CM2X1024-6400
eVGA 6200LE (will be replaced)

my problem is, that i could not install Windows Xp since the system freezes all time. I checked all jumpers and connections, but everything seems to be fine.
At boot the system shows the ram (ok), cpu (ok) HD (ok) and my cd rom (ok)...
but then it goes to shit.
I thought first, it may be the memory since it is a 800mhz module, but that should not be a problem i think.

Is my motherboard DOA?

snake_pliskin

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2006
Well if you can come across a buddy who has a ram of stick you could bum I would try that first or if you have to sticks of this stuff try it with one or the other as for the mobo well... When does the windows install freeze and I dont feel like pressing the back button on my browser I cant remember is your hd is a sata or not but some sata hd's have problems with the installing xp. If you have a floppy driver disk for it at the beginning of the windows install at the bottom of the blue screen it will say something like "Do you wish to install drivers for special devices or something" anyway thats all i got for yo good luck

edit: also in bios if you can get into the setup make sure you ram is set to the right voltage for yours

yester64

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2007
i will try the memtest. maybe thats the problem.

btw. i do have a sata hd. but the computer freezes regardless of the installation. It just happens randomly (before i get to the actual installation).