Give me your opinions

squeezewell

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
Hello everyone!!

I'm planning on changing my old XPS600 to a new one! (very exiting day haha)
I want to buy a gaming PC that will last as long as possible before I have to make upgrades on it.
I've been reading alot on the internet and I finaly choose this PC on dell.com:

PROCESSOR & GRAPHICS CARD AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T + ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
MEMORY 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz - 4 DIMMs
HARD DRIVE 1.5TB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 1.56MB Cache
OPTICAL DRIVE Blu-ray Disc (BD) Combo (Reads BD and Writes to DVD/CD)
WIRELESS Dell 1525 Wireless-N PCIe Card
SOUND CARD THX® TruStudio PC™
Studio XPS 7100 Studio XPS 7100 Minitower
Network Card Integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet

PRICE 1 209,99$

My budget will be 1000$ but I can afford +500$.
Can I get a better computer with that price or this one is pretty neet ? :p

thx for your advices

Solution
Skip the X6 and go with an 965BE. Not even four cores are used yet in most games, six core processors are mostly used for video editing.
Maybe skip the 1.5TB disk and go with a ordinary 1TB one.
I'd go with a Asus Xonar soundcard cause of their preformance/price ratio.

That will save you some money for which you can buy:

a better/bigger case which will enable you to get better airflow and therefore better temperatures, also some components are big and will not fit in a minitower.

an SSD HDD which will boost your loading times in everything from windows to games.

Also go with a XFX or sapphire 5870 gpu. That will give you better cooling and an already overclocked card.

boldor

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2009
Skip the X6 and go with an 965BE. Not even four cores are used yet in most games, six core processors are mostly used for video editing.
Maybe skip the 1.5TB disk and go with a ordinary 1TB one.
I'd go with a Asus Xonar soundcard cause of their preformance/price ratio.

That will save you some money for which you can buy:

a better/bigger case which will enable you to get better airflow and therefore better temperatures, also some components are big and will not fit in a minitower.

an SSD HDD which will boost your loading times in everything from windows to games.

Also go with a XFX or sapphire 5870 gpu. That will give you better cooling and an already overclocked card.

Solution

johnnyq8

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2010
if your budget is 1500$ you can get affordable pc good one for less but costume not factory built with this rig i5-750 2.66 and 4 gb ddr3 1600 mhz and 5870

squeezewell

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
ok, So I should actually build my own PC.
You guys have any good website for that ? I never done that before, is there any tutorial that I should look at so I can make sure every part that I choose is compatible. I might add that the part that gives me a hard time is the motherboard. How do I know which motherboard is good and worth the price?

mhelm1

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2010
A good web site for that, Hmmm let me see, Oh yea how about that Tom's hardware site. I don't know wadda ya think.

Anyway imo, don't buy the Dell you less than you pay for.

TRENDING THREADS